PDA

View Full Version : Word from Whiteface

Denison
02-13-2007, 09:37 PM
For those who is not on their mailing list:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Greetings ski / ride media and snow sports aficionados:

As I write this, whiteface has 70 of its 76 trails open. By Thursday, after the storm totals are in, the whole place will be open and we’ll be snorkel skiing!!!

We’re getting forecasts of 15-24”….and 24-30”….whatever, it will be significant. This will be in addition to already stellar conditions due to persistent dumps and mini-dumps of snow over the past month and 5 solid weeks of cold weather that has allowed whiteface to run its snowmaking system at maximum capacity.

Undoubtedly, this is one of the greatest turnarounds in winter annals around here. We were playing golf here on Jan 7. this 180 degree turn reminds me of the red sox coming from 3 games down to defeat the Yankees (ok martin…are you happy??). it’s like the jets defeating the colts in super bowl III. It’s like the 1980 olympic hockey team’s miracle on ice, but instead this is a miracle on snow. It’s like the 1999 u.s. ryder cup comeback. You get the picture.

Conditions are so good now that I go to sleep early because I just can’t wait to get there.

Town and village crews in Lake Placid have been removing snow the past few days to make room for the storm piles. One of my staff members, living about 50 miles from lake placid, is prepared to work from home tomorrow. Meanwhile, a local agency, Advertiser’s Workshop, is ready to invoke the 6” rule…..if it snows 6” or more, staff is cleared to begin their day with a few runs at Whiteface. For those who don’t have the 6” rule, the hell with it….sick day. And that’s appropos because this storm will bring with it “sick” conditions, dude.

This is gonna be great. After the storm, there will be no ski or board tracks….just periscopes.

Enjoy it wherever you are….we will!!!!

Sandy"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ajl50
02-14-2007, 07:40 AM
That is one hell of an excited director of communications.