PDA

View Full Version : Sat. 2/17/07

highpeaksdrifter
02-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Gore was freakin awesome. If it can ski better then it did today I'd sure like to be there. I've never been there before today when Dark Side Glades and High Pine Glades where open, what a blast. Double Barrel, Upper Darby where great as where all the woods. Nice soft bumps all over the upper mountain. All under sunshine and blue skys. I could rave on, but I'll stop by saying I felt like I was given a precious gift being there.

Here's some pixs

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/album24/DSCI0009.jpg

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/album24/DSCI0017_edited_1.jpg

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/album24/DSCI0013_edited_1.jpg

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/album24/DSCI0015.jpg

dexter
02-17-2007, 08:30 PM
great pics i could not say it any better ifeel real sorry for anyone who missed today
going to whiteface tomorrow

jimmer
02-17-2007, 09:49 PM
HPD real glad to hear you had a frekin awesome time, when all the stuffs open that you skied today gores a great hill, hope you got to ski some good glade trails, theres alot of them out there, hope you come back real soon. i wasnt there today, ill be laid up for awhile[knee] hope to be back soon though. any way glad you came glad you had fun, needle on.oh real nice pics, dosnt look to crowded up on top, b 8) jimmer

mattchuck2
02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I was up Saturday and Today (Sunday). Whole mountain was open (except for Fairview, and now that we have Ruby, no one would use Fairview anyways).

HUGE crowds on both days, people were parked down to Peaceful Valley road (all the way down the access road). Oddly enough, the crowds on the trails really weren't that bad, especially up top. It seems as though a bunch of people came to Gore only to mill around the lodge all day . . . very strange. Rumor, Lies, and Hawkeye were bumped both days, Chatiemac on Saturday. This may have contributed to the lack of skier traffic up there. I never waited in a lift line of more than 2 minutes all weekend on the Straightbrook Quad, never waited at all on the High Peaks chair.

Gore's setup is great in that it separates the experts from the other skiers really well. The upper mountain is an expert playground (especially with Rumor, Lies and the glades all rockin' the way they were). Beginners and Intermediates have more than enough terrain at the bottom now that the North Chair is open.

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend, even with the crowds . . . sick.

ComeBackMudPuddles
02-19-2007, 05:18 AM
GREAT pictures. Thanks for posting. Haven't been to Gore in years. It seems like they've really beefed up the expert terrain. Gotta check it out soon.

Greg
02-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Good stuff. What trail is that liftline? I love Liftlines. Skied Redline on Friday at Magic...

highpeaksdrifter
02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Good stuff. What trail is that liftline? I love Liftlines. Skied Redline on Friday at Magic...

The 1st pic is from under the Straight Brook Chair, the 2nd and 4th is under the High Peaks Chair and the 3rd is under the Top Ridge chair.

I've never skied Magic, but have heard good things.

happytrails
02-20-2007, 10:36 AM
All I can say about last saturday at Gore is WOW! It was great, the trees were sweet, the bumps were tasty, and even though it was supercrowded it was soooo much fun! I can't remember a time when the conditions were that perfect. :D

sbguy
02-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I can repeat how great it was sat & sunday double barrel fantastic. Darkside un belivable and also Sat morning the Top ridge triple was fine!! and yes the only crowds were in the lodges. :lol:

Wa
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I've been skiing Gore for about 21 years and I don't think I have seen the conditions that perfect before. The groomers, the trees, and the bumps were all as they should be. As someone said before- WOW!
Been a busy year and I haven't been able to ski as much as I should, (buying a house) but I am so glad I made it last weekend. What a great time.