PDA

View Full Version : Hows the mountain looking after the weekend?

AdironRider
02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
So me and the girl skipped out on this weekends crowds after 4 spectacular days in a row at the face (tues - fri). Heading back tues, thurs, fri this week and want to know what Im looking at conditions wise. I know the pow isnt still around but how about the glades? Empire was skiing awesome all week but I wonder how the crowds did on it? Thanks guys.

ajl50
02-18-2007, 03:46 PM
You skipped out because you're looking to move to targhee.....
or at least thats the rumor somewhere else!

no really- let's get some pictures up from friday- the first day people could get up to the summit.

AdironRider
02-18-2007, 03:55 PM
true, its been crossing my mind alot lately.

dexter
02-18-2007, 08:21 PM
skied today made first tracks in the wilderness bumps upper cloud spin full of deep powder powder all over the mt snowed all day

Tsavolion
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
So me and the girl skipped out on this weekends crowds after 4 spectacular days in a row at the face (tues - fri). Heading back tues, thurs, fri this week and want to know what Im looking at conditions wise. I know the pow isnt still around but how about the glades? Empire was skiing awesome all week but I wonder how the crowds did on it? Thanks guys.

there is so much powder eand people this weekend every trail was bumped up by 10:00 in the morning. its still there--no worries.

Phineas
02-20-2007, 03:04 PM
true, its been crossing my mind alot lately.

driggs, Idaho yep! :D

AdironRider
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Made it to the mountain and the word of the day is flat ... as in flat light. I was only there until 1130 as I had some obligations back here at school, but the mountain was skiing pretty well today. Nice soft snow, but everything above the little whiteface midstation was socked in a cloud. I mean socked. I rode to the summit once and at the top I could just barely make out the chair in front of me. Pretty tough but a cool experience. The expert trails were skiing great all over, but the face quad was slammed. All the intermediate and beginner routes were packed. Mt Run was skiing soft and fast. Lower Mac all bumps, good coverage in the woods as well. Lower Parkway hasnt seen a groom since before the dump and is still skiing amazing.

Phineas
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM

thursday expecting 2-5 inches

empire is spent around the glade entrance but edges are still holding. glades are bumped and the usual lines played so U need to be creative but if UR still lots of good skiing in the woods.

hit 5 out of 6 days since last wednesday - ear2ear man! wow! WF rules! WF is the best! Awesome just Awesome!

we'll get snow next monday - mayB not the ADK Dry like Valentimes day but a little heavy is good for the snowpack! gonna B a sick second half on the east coast! :twisted:

freeheelwilly
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
thursday expecting 2-5 inches

we'll get snow next monday - mayB not the ADK Dry like Valentimes day but a little heavy is good for the snowpack! gonna B a sick second half on the east coast! :twisted:

Yeah it looks good. The thing next sun-mon is lookin' colder and colder. Hope that trend continues. It actually looks like a pretty damn big storm.

And the long term for March is colder than normal in the Northeast (at least according to some). Nice.

BTW: I bet Whiteface gets 6" from the Thursday clipper. 8)

ajl50
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
I think that you have a pretty good chance at that 6''.

Tsavolion
02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I think that you have a pretty good chance at that 6''.

YEY! i am off thursday!

Jack the Ripper
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
BTW: I bet Whiteface gets 6" from the Thursday clipper. 8)

I'm suprised you didn't say a foot. :D Ghost you hit the Bluff?