PDA

View Full Version : Ski rentals

tjf67
02-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Had my nephew up for the weekend. Went over to the mountain at 9:30 on Sat. to get rentals. That place was a smooth as a gravy sandwich. It could not have taken 15 minutes to get him all set up and ready to go. As we were going through the process i ran over to drop my sisters skiis off to get tuned. When we got done with the rentals went back to the shop and the skiis were ready.
Thats some good sheat seeing as how it was the busiest I have seen it all year.
Way to go dungeon dwellers

Phineas
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Billy runs a smooth operation down there despite the interference from CenterPlate! WF should boot CenterPlate and Turn the op over to Billy! The man know the deal - and it is not easy working w/ all that madness around! :twisted:

tjf67
02-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I went in there this afternoon to pick my skiis up and some lady was very vocal about the price to store the skiis. I felt bad for her it was like 60 bucks to store them. I bet she and her family goes to vermont next holiday season. 20 bucks what rocket scientist came up with that price.
She was not the only one and I was there for less than 5 minutes.

ajl50
02-20-2007, 04:56 PM
The guys in the tuning shop are great. We have our stuff tuned there everytime we come up. They give us a great tune at a good price and they are super nice.
Way to go.

Weez
02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
kinda off topic but slightly on topic :lol: has anyone had any dealings with lost and found? My nephew dropped his goggles at facelift as he was getting on the lift. They yelled up to him they would bring it to lost and found. We went into lost and found a few times that day and the woman behind the desk never even looked down she just said no one turned em in. Fast Forward to day 2 (Sunday) i go and ask a different girl about the goggles she said no sorry no one turned them in, i said is there someplace you put these things when people turn them in? she said yes in a bin, i said can you please check the bin? she bends over spends a few seconds rustling around and surprise here are the goggles. I may be way off base but it made me feel like they didnt want me to find them.

Phineas
02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
I went in there this afternoon to pick my skiis up and some lady was very vocal about the price to store the skiis. I felt bad for her it was like 60 bucks to store them. I bet she and her family goes to vermont next holiday season.

I heard that as well - I bectcha it was CenterPlate - no one in in the ski industry would ever charge that much for storage. I also heard once the price went up they sold zero....

tjf67
02-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I went in there this afternoon to pick my skiis up and some lady was very vocal about the price to store the skiis. I felt bad for her it was like 60 bucks to store them. I bet she and her family goes to vermont next holiday season.

I heard that as well - I bectcha it was CenterPlate - no one in in the ski industry would ever charge that much for storage. I also heard once the price went up they sold zero....

Why dont they make it five bucks and offer to wax the skiis when they drop them off. At least the customers are getting something for 20 bucks. As it stands you are better off dropping them off at the end of the day to get waxed and pick them up in the morning. Its 5 bucks cheaper and you skiis are waxed.
What is centerplate? Is the that a metal plate across there brains?

Denison
02-21-2007, 10:19 AM
my friends use M&B in Lake Placid to rent equipment for their kids.

If I'm to rent nice Demo skis for a day, which place has better prices / nicer skis ?

sleestak
02-21-2007, 06:11 PM
my friends use M&B in Lake Placid to rent equipment for their kids.

If I'm to rent nice Demo skis for a day, which place has better prices / nicer skis ?

M&B

Denison
02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
I bought my boots at Cunningham's 3 years ago, what about them? How do they rate in Demo rental category? Any other store I should check out, High Falls Gorge Shop, maybe ?

Jack the Ripper
02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
kinda off topic but slightly on topic :lol: has anyone had any dealings with lost and found? My nephew dropped his goggles at facelift as he was getting on the lift. They yelled up to him they would bring it to lost and found. We went into lost and found a few times that day and the woman behind the desk never even looked down she just said no one turned em in. Fast Forward to day 2 (Sunday) i go and ask a different girl about the goggles she said no sorry no one turned them in, i said is there someplace you put these things when people turn them in? she said yes in a bin, i said can you please check the bin? she bends over spends a few seconds rustling around and surprise here are the goggles. I may be way off base but it made me feel like they didnt want me to find them.

That's just state workers for you. They weren't trying to steal your goggles as much as they were trying to avoid doing any work whatsoever.

Weez
02-22-2007, 08:39 AM

That's just state workers for you. They weren't trying to steal your goggles as much as they were trying to avoid doing any work whatsoever.

Since you put it that way, it makes perfect sense!

Thanks

skigolfhunt
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Since you put it that way, it makes perfect sense!

Thanks

Cut them a break. The Lifties cant always make it right down to Lost & Found ASAP. You could have gone down & asked the liftie if they still had it. The girls there do a good job, they also do storage bin rentals & put up w alot of stuff from people asking for loaner goggles, gloves, ect. which they have to explain to the individuals that its not theirs to lend. And they get a hard time with that. You are right in one aspect though... You may be off base.

Jack the Ripper
02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
[/quote]That's just state workers for you. They weren't trying to steal your goggles as much as they were trying to avoid doing any work whatsoever.[/quote]Since you put it that way, it makes perfect sense! Thanks[/quote]

I help people. :shock: 8)

Weez
02-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Cut them a break. The Lifties cant always make it right down to Lost & Found ASAP. You could have gone down & asked the liftie if they still had it. The girls there do a good job, they also do storage bin rentals & put up w alot of stuff from people asking for loaner goggles, gloves, ect. which they have to explain to the individuals that its not theirs to lend. And they get a hard time with that. You are right in one aspect though... You may be off base.

Maybe you misread my post or maybe you read it and elected to ignore the pertinent details. I agree that maybe the "lifties" were late in getting it there but the fact that they never looked down into the bin on day 1 is disturbing, the fact that they dismissed the notion of the goggles being there is disturbing, the fact that i had to ask them the protocol in order to get them to even look is disturbing and lastly, the fact that once i explained that the "lifties" told me they turned them in they not only took the time to look they actually found them and returned them to me is disturbing. Im quite sure the "lifties" turned them in when they said they turned them in and the "girls" were either A) too lazy to look down or B) had alternate plans for the goggles, are more likely.

Regardless, once i coerced them into looking for the goggles, they found them and returned them. Shouldn't they have looked the first time I asked them? It ended up costing me an additional $40 for goggles that i only needed for a day.