PDA

View Full Version : favorite places

jimmer
02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I know everyones favorite place is gore, but when you get away where are the favs that you like to go too. east, west ,anywhere. in the east ,mine would have to be jay peak, i like stow alot but to much $$$$. whiteface for a ciuple of nights is great. havnt been to many places out west but jackson hole was the best ski trip i was ever on, followed by red mt in canada.lets hear some of yours. 8)

mikebike
02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Sunshine Village....in Alberta, Canada I skied there for 6 years in a row.... I had an epic day there about 2 years ago. 20+inches of light powder carving powder 8's with my son all morning long

B SMACKER
02-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I would have to say my other favorite place other than Gore (which is the best place in the world by the way) would be Arapahoe Basin. The steeps the trees an the hiking are some of the best that you can experience. Take the Pallavicini Chair and your in some of the best trees anywhere. Or go straight to the top and your above treeline a skiing ridges and dropping off of some very serious cornices'. If you really want to get into some really cool stuff hike up to the top of East Wall (that'll wake you up a bit and you better be on your game) Other than "The Legend", Whistler/Blackcomb would be my next choice. Jimmer get well soon, I'm goin' to be up there mid March for a few days so hopefully you'll be back on the hill. Brian Smack

jimmer
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
I would have to say my other favorite place other than Gore (which is the best place in the world by the way) would be Arapahoe Basin. The steeps the trees an the hiking are some of the best that you can experience. Take the Pallavicini Chair and your in some of the best trees anywhere. Or go straight to the top and your above treeline a skiing ridges and dropping off of some very serious cornices'. If you really want to get into some really cool stuff hike up to the top of East Wall (that'll wake you up a bit and you better be on your game) Other than "The Legend", Whistler/Blackcomb would be my next choice. Jimmer get well soon, I'm goin' to be up there mid March for a few days so hopefully you'll be back on the hill. Brian Smackbrian nice to hear from you , hope all is well. im comming along nicely, hope to back on the hill soon, it was only a bad sprain. take care se ya soon- jimmer 8)

MidnightCarving
02-21-2007, 01:37 AM
aside from gore, i'd have to agree with jimmer, jay peak is definitely the top (despite that i was there in mid January when it was total crap), and i do like Stowe too, but i don't like paying 140 bucks for 2 days.....

I've only been out west once, with my family a couple years ago but Big Sky Montana has to be my favorite place ever. I skied all presidents week and never stood in line once. beautiful sunshine every day, and snow at night. it is the perfect climate. some nice light hikes too if you want that little extra off the lift.

dexter
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
spring siking is great at mt snow
just came back from aspen and loved all it had snowmass highland and aspen mt never made it to buttermilk x games going on at the time

BigAirJay
03-30-2007, 07:48 AM
I went to jay for my first time right before the V-day storm, but still got some powder staches in the trees, that was an amazing place. Sutton about an hour north in quebec was pretty nice aswell. Okemo is definatelly another top choice. I haven't been out west before, so I don't have any input there.