PDA

View Full Version : W'cked Windy

adksara
02-24-2007, 05:28 PM
... yup... windy...

... so much so they shut the gondola down... :D

... why the smile? Hmmmm... maybe because my dad and I were two of the maybe 30 people who had the summit to themselves for quite a long time in the morning!!! We had rode up in the first few and last few gondola runs that they decided to run... Other than the brave (and frozen) people who rode up triple and over to the summit chair... no one was around.

We yoyo'd up and down Hawkeye, Chat, Rumor was closed for a bit with snowmaking, and over on Open Pit there was very nice drift and soft to play in. I was cold, but oh so happy. Literally one run down Hawkeye ALONE!! :D

Anyone else up there this morning? Rest of the day was good too, don't get me wrong... a little hard and wind scoured in spots, but there are still plenty of spots with powder and soft snow to play in...

What a good day in the mountains!!! 8)

goreviper
02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Sara

For the first time this year I was concerned about exposed skin. I was one of the frozen who braved the triple to get to the High Peaks chair. I must have been the first person through the Darby Woods. All in all though a good day on the mountain... that is after the wind subsided a bit. By the time Twister Glades were opened up I was overdressed and just about exhausted myself in there. :D Fun fun fun.

MidnightCarving
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
i was up there, and braved the triple to the high peaks as well

first run down darkside was good, then hit steilhang, and down lies, chateimac glades were good, went up to cave glades, also great, then did a little rumor, which was also supreme...

aside from the cold it was a wonderful day.