$1.2 Mil . . .

Anyone want to front me the cash . . .

http://www.davies-davies.com/ShowHome.cfm?id=811

Lbtchnlgs
03-02-2007, 02:21 AM
ah man. that really is not a bad buy at all

harrycanyon
03-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Having grown up in the area, I've only been to Hickory once in my life, always finding myself driving past it on my way to Gore... The one and only time I was there however, made me wish I'd made more trips as there aren't too many trails around like the ones Hickory has to offer. I really hope there is interest in keeping this a public venue, it's got incredible terrain, but needs a real lift other than the boosting Poma they have to reach the summit. Oh yeah, and maybe some snowmaking equipment, but that was part of the charm, natural snow!

Anyway, I'll hope against hope it becomes some sort of public club (again) or a county park. It deserves a better fate than to become someone's private hill, although, I must say that would be a pretty outstanding backyard!

Lbtchnlgs
03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah the first time i actually went to the place was a few weeks ago on my way home from gore. hiked up a few hundred feet, im sorry that i didnt get to ski it while it was running. Everything is still there, the snack shack still had drinks in it, groomer was parked at the base. it is a really cool place, i would like to earn some turns there

harrycanyon
03-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Easy to access, no real hike-in, and certainly no crowds... I just hope the rain and crap that fell today didn't kill off the snow on the hill. I imagine it would be an excellent spring day up there. If we had the snow that fell in '03 (the record setting year for Albany) I'd say Petersburgh, but Hickory is now officially on the earning turns list!

St. Jerry
03-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Count Hickory as a casulty of global warming.

MidnightCarving
03-03-2007, 03:59 PM
jerry's right.

NPN
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
ah man. that really is not a bad buy at all

But a much better deal last year when they were asking $240,000 ( Only stipulation was it had to remain a running ski area ). Now, I'm afraid it's another developement crazed hanger on to the Ski Bowl developement plan causing all of the prices in the area to be stupid over inflated.

skimore
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Easy to access, no real hike-in, and certainly no crowds... I just hope the rain and crap that fell today didn't kill off the snow on the hill. I imagine it would be an excellent spring day up there. If we had the snow that fell in '03 (the record setting year for Albany) I'd say Petersburgh, but Hickory is now officially on the earning turns list!

Was up there yesterday. It didn't do much to the base, but it's sheet of ice now......was dangerous

Lbtchnlgs
03-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Was up there yesterday. It didn't do much to the base, but it's sheet of ice now......was dangerous

Do you often ski it?

skimore
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
only twice this year so far

Lbtchnlgs
03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Do many people ski it still?

skimore
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
last time was 3 other cars there