PDA

View Full Version : 411 on Today (Friday)

Harvey44
03-02-2007, 08:12 AM
You guys who are up there - what's up? Gore is calling it powder but the NWS has a much gloomer call - freezing rainin GFL.

Any help is appreciated - I may or may not make the long drive tonight.

Harv

goreviper
03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
SNOW SNOW SNOW!! So far there has to be about 7". I'm just about to head out the door to catch some fresh in the Twister Glades.

[/img][/list]

midwestblues
03-02-2007, 08:57 AM
ANy additional updates today would be great. I am heading up today with my 11 year old for only my 5th day on the mountain this year. Can't believe how little I have been able to use the season pass.

Hoping it remaims snow for Sat morning. Eric

midwestblues
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I just got off the phone with the folks at Gore Mtn and was told that they have had a little rain and sleet mixed in with mostly snow. About 8 to 10 inches so far.

Hopefully it will get a little colder and no rain the rest of the day.

Anyone who is up in North Creek that has a report would be appreciated.

Eric

Lbtchnlgs
03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I just got off the phone with the folks at Gore Mtn and was told that they have had a little rain and sleet mixed in with mostly snow. About 8 to 10 inches so far.

Hopefully it will get a little colder and no rain the rest of the day.

Anyone who is up in North Creek that has a report would be appreciated.

Eric

So I would have to assume its real wet knee breaking stuff

goreviper
03-02-2007, 02:31 PM
It's snowing right now. 2:25PM

The rain wasn't at all bad. Mostly it was sleet. The glades were awesome. Pick your line, any line, plenty of good snow in the trees. Dark Side was thrill, only three other tracks on it when I hit it. How often can you point them straight down there? Twister Glades were flat out juke and jive through fresh stuff.

I wouldn't call it backbreaking stuff, as long as you stay out of the chopped up stuff but even that wasn't that bad.

Harvey44
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Many thanks to GoreViper and also the Garnet Hill Lodge website - for the positive vibe and encouragement to come up. It was a FANTASTIC weekend. When I got to North River Friday night I couldn't believe how legitimate the snow was. Awesome. I hit the darkside glades and the cave (first time for me).

Right now I'm at GHL having a beer and wings, and poaching on their wireless net. Tomorrow is skiday 26 for me - up to Wilmington tomorrow for my first time at Whiteface in the am and then some work (!) - a meeting in LP in the PM.

Hammerin Harv