PDA

View Full Version : Another great trip to Whiteface/LP

tobnpr
03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Thankfully I made the right call cancelling our Jan. 2nd trip and coming out for President's weekend. Timed it perfectly- 3' of snow the day before we flew in from FL... :D
My wife was bitchin' when she found out that our private lessons were to be at Kid's Kampus this year, but despite all the snot-nosed little buggers it was far less crowded than the main lodge, and when lunchtime came there wasn't even a line at the chair. Had two half-day sessions with the wife and boys and our instructors were great!!
I can only imagine how great this place must be on a NON-holiday weekend without the crowds!
I haven't dared mention this to the family yet, but I'm seriously thinking about trying to come back up for their spring break (still have some airfare to burn up from when I canceled my January trip!). Unfortunately it's late- their break isn't until April 1st- what do you suppose the odds are of having decent conditions so late in the season???

I gotta admit I still love the beaches and palm trees- but each time I come to LP it feels more like home :wink:

highpeaksdrifter
03-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Nice post, glad you enjoyed it so much. Chances are good for great spring conditions 4/1.

SKIdds
03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
We're planning a trip for that time. March 30 to April 2. Great conditions now. They are reporting 10 inches from the current storm.....wouldn't be surprised if they are reporting a couple more by morning. Favorable temps forecast through mid-March. I think late March and early April is gonna be SaWheet!!!!! Book the trip....now!

My wife is itchin' for a couple nights at the Mirror Lake Inn and I wan't to see how I stack up against the board regulars in the Apple Butter Moguls. I can't wait!

Faceplant
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
With all the snow we got, (I think it's already more than all of last year) and more on the way, spring conditions should be great. Great call for coming back!

sleestak
03-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Thankfully I made the right call cancelling our Jan. 2nd trip and coming out for President's weekend. Timed it perfectly- 3' of snow the day before we flew in from FL... :D
My wife was bitchin' when she found out that our private lessons were to be at Kid's Kampus this year, but despite all the snot-nosed little buggers it was far less crowded than the main lodge, and when lunchtime came there wasn't even a line at the chair. Had two half-day sessions with the wife and boys and our instructors were great!!
I can only imagine how great this place must be on a NON-holiday weekend without the crowds!
I haven't dared mention this to the family yet, but I'm seriously thinking about trying to come back up for their spring break (still have some airfare to burn up from when I canceled my January trip!). Unfortunately it's late- their break isn't until April 1st- what do you suppose the odds are of having decent conditions so late in the season???

I gotta admit I still love the beaches and palm trees- but each time I come to LP it feels more like home :wink:

we have so much snow right now--with another 6"+ on tap for today--i think you are hitting it just right for those awesome blue-bird spring days with plenty of soft hero snow. i am taking time off that week as well--nothing beats a bluebird day at whitey! no crowds too--best time to come.

Phineas
03-05-2007, 11:00 AM
snowpack is deep and getting deeper and we're gonna get four days of artic burr so it is gonna deep freeze in the short term which means serious soft corn mash come April!!

Skiing in late March through April is the best!!!