PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Rummor

highpeaksdrifter
03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
I was riding a lift with a guy and he told me that he had heard that Wf would be open only weekends after Easter Sunday.

We have a ton of snow, Easter is early, April 8th, and most of the school districts in NYS are off the week after. Doesn't seem right to me.

T-Lion was nice enough to offer to look into it. Anyone else hear anything?

Phineas
03-05-2007, 11:05 AM
is this coming from the same drunkard who told U the expansion wasn't approved??

We got a shot at skiing till May!!! Weather pattern holds and its gonna happen

:shock:

Adirondackskier
03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I just called the mountain and here is their response:

We historically operate daily until the second weekend in April pending weather conditions.

Right now our planned closing date is the 15th of April pending weather/trail conditions. We will be open daily until that date.

Skiing and riding is epic right now at the big mountain!

highpeaksdrifter
03-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I just called the mountain and here is their response:

We historically operate daily until the second weekend in April pending weather conditions.

Right now our planned closing date is the 15th of April pending weather/trail conditions. We will be open daily until that date.

Skiing and riding is epic right now at the big mountain!

That is great news, thanks for posting it.

Faceplant
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I heard that too but only as somebody's opinion. Somebody (read everybody) needs to let the "powers that be" know about spring break. I'll mention it to a few that I know.

AdironRider
03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Usually the mtn is looking pretty sparse down low come that time, but I sure hope Im wrong.

NPN
03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Usually the mtn is looking pretty sparse down low come that time, but I sure hope Im wrong.

Most years you're right, but then again, and, I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers that season when you stepped off the gondola to see a sign that said, "this is the latest we've ever been open, you're making history".

And that lasted for at least eight days when I was in attendance.

Harvey44
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
It was awesome today. But the weather is gunna get ugly within the next 7 days.