PDA

View Full Version : And it just keeps snowing.

AdironRider
03-05-2007, 10:01 AM
So yeah, despite the awful start this season, Whiteface has been skiing awesome and getting more snow than the previous two years it seems. Theyre already at 180 or so (by the snow report). A solid ten inches yesterday was a pleasant suprise, turned out to be one of the best days of the season. Another 6" today with more for tomorrow. Knee to thigh deep in the Cloudspin snowfields yesterday. No real rains or thaws as of yet. Has to be one of my better ski season so far. I think Whiteface's northern location has really helped us out this year. Good things come to those who wait huh?

tjf67
03-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah. All these totals have come with not much thawing.
I bet the slides are ready

AdironRider
03-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Avy danger was probably high as hell, but they looked money yesterday. Couple sunny days to stabilize and they should open up. Later this week perhaps?

SKIdds
03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Let's get all the snowpack we can while we can. Last week I liked the long range forecast through mid-March (which I still do)...........but mid-March forward doesn't look nearly as good. Lots of 40's with several days of rain mixed in. Hey, it will be late March, what are you gonna do.

So bring on the snowpack while we can, and then start cooking up the corn! That kind of weather might be good for consolidating the snowpack on the Slides as well.

AdironRider
03-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Anyone think its worth the trip back tomorrow? Looks for some seriously high winds and some painful wind chills.

tjf67
03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone think its worth the trip back tomorrow? Looks for some seriously high winds and some painful wind chills.

No way hosay. Its going to be freezing and if the winds hits like they say the only thing open will be the high speed quad

sleestak
03-05-2007, 11:20 AM

u think :lol:

Phineas
03-05-2007, 12:55 PM

way way too dangerous :wink:

sleestak
03-05-2007, 01:58 PM

No way hosay. Its going to be freezing and if the winds hits like they say the only thing open will be the high speed quad

they are saying 35 wind chill..brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr

jackstraw
03-05-2007, 03:36 PM

way way too dangerous :wink:

sally!

dig a pit, ski cut it and if its good ski it!! damn you NY'ers don't know shit!

skiboats
03-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Skied today, (in from out of town). Been coming here for 7 years and it was awesome. Soft, deep, uncrowded. The best snow I have ever skied here.
It was at one point snowing so hard it was hard to see, but part of the day was sunny as well. All in All dynamite. Certainly worth thr 5 hour drive!

freeheelwilly
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
nevermind

Faceplant
03-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Really awesome today. My best day of the season. Champagne powder on Drapers and no training. It may be cold and windy but I'll be there anyway. Any chance of a repeat of today is worth it.

cover
03-05-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.snocountry.com/article.php/20070305100748428

AdironRider
03-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Screw it, the thirst for one more pow day has me leaning towards making the trek tomorrow. Hell if its to windy I might hike up to the start of empire and take a run down.