PDA

View Full Version : Forum Software Conversion This Spring

Greg
03-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to start a thread about this. The plan this spring (probably in May) is to convert this forum from phpBB to vBulletin. I did this with the AlpineZone Forums in February 2006 and haven't looked back. Feel free to post any questions or concerns here. I will post updates as we approach this conversion in this thread.

highpeaksdrifter
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Will we lose the pixs already uploaded in the gallery?

Greg
03-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Will we lose the pixs already uploaded in the gallery?

Good question. The old gallery will not be accessible through phpBB any more obviously, but I can preserve the current photos like I did with the old AZ gallery:

http://www.alpinezone.com/gallery-archives/

The PhotoPost Gallery that is integrated into the AZ vBulletin forum is commercial software and I don't plan on purchasing a license for SkiADK and SkiMRV at this point. My recommendation would be to use your AZ gallery instead.

highpeaksdrifter
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Dang, know I have to learn how to do something new, I hate that. :wink:

sleestak
03-13-2007, 12:52 PM
can you say "bunch of dorks"

HA!

highpeaksdrifter
03-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, HA

Jack the Ripper
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to start a thread about this. The plan this spring (probably in May) is to convert this forum from phpBB to vBulletin. I did this with the AlpineZone Forums in February 2006 and haven't looked back. Feel free to post any questions or concerns here. I will post updates as we approach this conversion in this thread.

Why? What's the difference in the two? I don't know jack about that stuff.

Greg
03-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Why? What's the difference in the two? I don't know jack about that stuff.

Better administration tools, spam management, more functionality, better security, easier to update, etc...

Lbtchnlgs
03-14-2007, 10:49 PM
do we get new smiley's?

Greg
03-15-2007, 07:35 AM
do we get new smiley's?
Some and I'll import the old ones.

Nick
06-29-2011, 02:24 PM
So this is from way back in 2007... I might still look @ purchasing Vbulletin licenses to upgrade this to Vbulletin, instead of PHPBB. That might make things easier than switching to anew version of PHPBB. One less forum software to track.