PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Whiteface Trail

highpeaksdrifter
12-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Just to get things going.

Tough call for me, but I'll take Upper Cloudspin. When there is pow in there it is Heaven on Earth.

freeheelwilly
12-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Areed. Upper cloud with that kooky double fall line is way cool. Love that trail! Empire and upper Mac deserve mention. Essex is reliably good.

Skier 4 Life
12-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I'd have to say Empire is my 1st pick. However the Slides takes a close 2nd in my book. I just wish they were open more often! :)

redalienx11
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
I'll take some nice soft bumps on Upper Mack any day.
I suspect that once I get a chance to ski the slides I'll nominate that for my favorite

mattchuck2
12-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Empire.

Classic Eastern Trail . . . Steep and 3 bumps wide.

Son of Drifter
12-23-2005, 10:40 AM
EMPIRE. :twisted:

kcyanks1
12-24-2005, 09:09 PM
1. Slides, if open. 2. Empire, if open. 3. Tie between Skyward and Cloudspin. I also like the bumbs on Upper Mac like redallenx11, though I've gone way beyond naming my favorite (singular) trail already :-)

Phineas
12-27-2005, 12:06 PM
My favorite trial is Booreen :P

highpeaksdrifter
12-28-2005, 06:02 PM
My favorite trial is Booreen :P

Welcome aboard Phines. Booreen can be a fun trail. Why is it your favorite?

highpeaksdrifter
12-28-2005, 06:05 PM
I'd have to say Empire is my 1st pick. However the Slides takes a close 2nd in my book. I just wish they were open more often! :)

The Slides are not a trail Lifer and more then Tuckermans is a "trail".

Phineas
12-30-2005, 09:41 AM
I like Booreen becuase its challenging but not scary and it winds through pretty trees. I also like the bottom section. Do U ski Booreen HPD?

freeheelwilly
12-30-2005, 09:49 AM
I think it's great that beginners can take the high speed quad and ski Easy Way and Boreen to the base lodge. That's 1500' of nice and interesting novice terrain.

highpeaksdrifter
12-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I like Booreen becuase its challenging but not scary and it winds through pretty trees. I also like the bottom section. Do U ski Booreen HPD?

I do. Booreen is also a very useful trail. It lets you ski to Kid's Kampue, takes you right to the Cloudspin Lounge, MSA and NYSEF.

Phineas
12-30-2005, 02:08 PM
I think it's great that beginners can take the high speed quad and ski Easy Way and Boreen to the base lodge. That's 1500' of nice and interesting novice terrain. :x

What makes U think I am a beginner FreeHeel Toad?? Booreen is a step trail at WF!

freeheelwilly
12-30-2005, 03:02 PM
I think it's great that beginners can take the high speed quad and ski Easy Way and Boreen to the base lodge. That's 1500' of nice and interesting novice terrain. :x

What makes U think I am a beginner FreeHeel Toad?? Booreen is a step trail at WF!

Didn't mean it that way at all. I have no idea whether you're a beginner or not. Just was making an observation. But I think that if you think Boreen is steep, you may be confusing it with another trail. It's not that it's not steep by Whiteface standards - it's not steep by any mountain's standards (except Stratton. It would be a double diamond at Stratton :lol: )

highpeaksdrifter
12-30-2005, 03:45 PM

I was suspicious before. But now I’m pretty sure. Phineas is an old friend. One of the gang of 4. This will be fun figuring out. :D

Phineas
12-30-2005, 04:22 PM

Didn't mean it that way at all. I have no idea whether you're a beginner or not. Just was making an observation. But I think that if you think Boreen is steep, you may be confusing it with another trail. It's not that it's not steep by Whiteface standards - it's not steep by any mountain's standards (except Stratton. It would be a double diamond at Stratton :lol: ) :x

UR still a toadee

Son of Drifter
12-30-2005, 04:32 PM

I was suspicious before. But now I’m pretty sure. Phineas is an old friend. One of the gang of 4. This will be fun figuring out. :D

If they are, I got money it's Woodlawn clown. I mean toadee. Come on.

freeheelwilly
12-30-2005, 04:55 PM
It's the woodi clown fer sure! :lol:

freeheelwilly
01-04-2006, 06:46 AM
On a clear day like yesterday, Follies is sweet. The view of Lake Placid from up there (the body of water - not the village) is so nice. I took my buddy from cali on there yesterday for some photo-ops when the clouds lifted and the summit was clear. He was impressed. Of course, his home mountain, Mammoth, just got 8 feet of new snow so he might be a little home sick! http://www.firsttracksonline.com/news/stories/113632510230202.shtm

Sky and Essex were the picks of the day yesterday. They're pulverizing Mountain Run with the guns. They were goin' full tilt Monday and again yesterday. Parkway was fast and fun. Lower Cloud was the same but a little skied off by the end of the day.

Now I know who Phineas is. I forgot to mention my suspicions when I saw you guys Monday. I was wrong anyway.

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Now I know who Phineas is. I forgot to mention my suspicions when I saw you guys Monday. I was wrong anyway.

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2006, 07:55 AM

Wait a minute, are you saying Phineas isn't WLC? If so I need a new hint.

tjf67
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Best trail at the face is whichever black diamond they are making snow on. This weekend Mountain run skiers right, down through the guns, great fun! Every turn sent you in the air and you landed in the soft man made stuff.
best advise. Follow the guns :wink:

joyparkway
01-04-2006, 03:34 PM
My favorite trail is the bar at the bottom of the base lodge. That counts, right?

Tsavolion
01-04-2006, 06:18 PM
I would have to say skyward myself..especially the day last year that we had to take the cats up. it all depends on conditions though..obviously..GOD!

TJF is a toadee, whatever that means.

Tsavolion
01-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I am a moron-- :shock: i cant figure out how to respond to other people.

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Alright, TJ and Joy are both here.

So Phineas is Ghost and Tsavolion is WLC or the other way around, or different people altogether? I guess it will come out sooner or later. :roll:

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Best trail at the face is whichever black diamond they are making snow on. This weekend Mountain run skiers right, down through the guns, great fun! Every turn sent you in the air and you landed in the soft man made stuff.
best advise. Follow the guns :wink:

That was nice there and over into Upper Parkway.

tjf67
01-05-2006, 08:24 AM

you wont get any arguements out of me

Greg
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
At the top right of each message there is a small "QUOTE" button. Really small in fact. I'll try to increase its size. Hope this helps.

Tsavolion
01-05-2006, 05:53 PM

you wont get any arguements out of me whatever, you are an arguement...GOD