PDA

View Full Version : Whats up guys...

huckingfellers
01-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Just wanted to say whats up. Did not even know this site existed till mattchuck2, I think that is his name, refered me here.
Gore is my home mountain but have not been there recently due to the conditions. To many speed bumps there when the conditions get like this and keep me out of the woods . Anyone been up last day or so? How was it?

mattchuck2
01-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Haha, got some news from today (January 18th). High winds and Rain "limited" terrain selection. Only the Sunway Double chair and the J-Bar were open. Two people (that's right two) showed up in the morning, but were gone by noon. The upper mountain was so icy that even snowmobiles could not go up. I guess they got a litttle snow on the back end, but things don't look too promising for the weekend.

takeahike46er
01-19-2006, 09:44 PM
This is very sad. To make matters worse, we have more rain in the forecast for tomorrow. The snowpack is ruined for this season.

highpeaksdrifter
01-20-2006, 07:53 AM
This is very sad. To make matters worse, we have more rain in the forecast for tomorrow. The snowpack is ruined for this season.

Come on now 46er, keep the faith. This crappy weather can't last all winter, things will turn around and we will still be skiing in April.

freeheelwilly
01-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Keep heart guys. This shit will be in our rear view mirrors in two weeks time. But a memory.

mattchuck2
01-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I agree, After this weekend is over, cold snowmaking temps will resume and we'll be on here all week gearing up for the weekend of the 28th.

takeahike46er
01-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't doubt that the resorts will recover. They'll blast some snow and the nor'easters will come. I am concerned that the snowpack in the glades and natural terrain has been compromised substantially.

Even the High Peaks don't look too inviting this winter season. Snowshoes have been useless for weeks! The snowpack, even at highest elevations, is far below normal.

huckingfellers
01-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Man how depressing. I sure hope it will be in our rear view mirrors in a couple of weeks. What a bummer winter. Shit!