PDA

View Full Version : Phineas had a good idea

freeheelwilly
03-15-2007, 09:09 AM
:shock: I know that's a shocker! :lol: :lol:

Whiteface should do "Spring hours" and take advantage of the longer days. Lifts should spin from 10:00 until 5 or 5:30. The good skiing in the Spring typically doesn't start until at least 10AM (in a typical corn cycle) and with more daylight the lifts could spin later. How cool would that be?

Greg
03-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I believe Hunter is spinning until 5 pm.

highpeaksdrifter
03-15-2007, 09:31 AM

Whiteface should do "Spring hours" and take advantage of the longer days. Lifts should spin from 10:00 until 5 or 5:30. The good skiing in the Spring typically doesn't start until at least 10AM (in a typical corn cycle) and with more daylight the lifts could spin later. How cool would that be?

That would be good and I bet if not this year alot of mountains will start doing it in the near future.

I was sitting in the lounge 4:30 Sunday and looking out on a beautiful sunny day, it was hard to believe I wasn't still skiing. It just felt so much earlier.

Denison
03-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Belleayre is now open until 4:30 on Saturdays...

jackstraw
03-15-2007, 01:25 PM

you're giving him credit for that idea?? every skier i know has already said that!! you're slippin' fhw...

as we all know this won't happen at 99% of the hills...these next few weeks is when they figure out if they get to use a black or red pen for their fiscal yr end.

freeheelwilly
03-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh Jackie boy. :roll: Every skier? Really? Wow.

http://www.seykota.com/tribe/FAQ/2004_Mar/Mar_24/yawning.jpg

BTW, I'm SLIDE slippin'. :wink:

Phineas
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
you're giving him credit for that idea?? every skier i know has already said that!!

all two of them?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha :lol: :lol: :shock:

when did U last ski WF? I betcha not in this century....

jackstraw
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
ya know...im pretty impressed with fhw's new found techno geek abilities w/ all the pictures and little emoticon dudes.

and yes, two skiers mentioned it. everyone else was a snowboarder. :roll:

you sally's check the pics on the tucks web site lately? nice rip in the left gully left a good size crown.

freeheelwilly
03-15-2007, 02:41 PM
you sally's check the pics on the tucks web site lately? nice rip in the left gully left a good size crown.

Saw that. Looks like the Right Gulley ripped out too and took out some trees. The bowl looks pretty filled in though. Want to try to get up there again this year.

tjf67
03-19-2007, 09:08 AM

Saw that. Looks like the Right Gulley ripped out too and took out some trees. The bowl looks pretty filled in though. Want to try to get up there again this year.

I want to go over there this year. Lets plan a weekend and car pool it over there. I have room in my truck for 4 people and gear. 5 if people dont mind smushing

Phineas
03-19-2007, 11:03 AM
as long as its ladies on the right and ladies on the left! :P

oldskibum
03-19-2007, 12:08 PM
The gondola at whiteface will be spinning until 4:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays starting this weekend!!

sleestak
03-19-2007, 03:42 PM
as long as its ladies on the right and ladies on the left! :P

me too--i dont want to be smushed next to no stinky, sweaty man!