PDA

View Full Version : The Goods

Harvey44
03-18-2007, 07:22 PM
So who was out Sat and Sunday? What TALES and Photos do you have to share? (And can someone tell me how to download a photo?)

Saturday and Sunday were awesome. I'm honestly not sure but I THINK today was better than yesterday. We got more last night - maybe 4 inches officially - but it seemed like more than that when I had first tracks on Chatiemac this morning.

I was later than yesterday (got in line about 8:10) so I wasn't first in line in the singles line at the Gondi. I was in maybe the eighth cabin up, but for some reason, EVERYONE was going down Foxlair. I went over by the Pine Knot rope and found a spot out of the wind. The Patrol came over to the Uncas rope and dropped it. I went under the rope on Pine Knot. Pine Knot was great with 4" on top.

I hit the quad, and did Chatiemac - again first tracks. You know the feeling when you are in pow on top of a groomer. On teles it's sublime. I hit the SB Glades and they were great, better than yesterday as now the base was yesterday's dump, not some icey boilerplate. It seemed deeper in the troughs in the SB Glades. I rode SB Quad again and did another in the SB glade. Then I hit upper and Lower Steilhang. Then Open Pit and Darby Woods.

Then I bombed down Wood Out and did seven Laps on the Tahawas Glades. Best thing on the mountain today, except maybe High Pines - by luck I was nearby when they dropped the rope on that. I did two Twister Glades that I had under control...and I totally got upside down in Chatiemac Glades.

Hey Jimmer - I didn't get into the Cave today how was it?

What were you guys up to?

Harv

Hute
03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Today was gorgeous. At least PM when it got sunny and shit.

Saturday was ok. I snapped my board though, but got a good deal from the rental shop for the rest of the day.

Sunday i got 120cm k2 slinger or winger or whatev. But that was a beast. I did 5's on flat and shit. I was rockin the park with it. Haha. After the sun came out i took my first trip to burnt ridge and it was absolutely gorgeous. Hope we still have some snow next weekend that you can still go there. Planning on going camping to the shelter there on summer! Freakin sweet.

But yeah im gonna get back to work and trying to send the snapped forum back to get a new one.

Great ridin'

Peace.

Lbtchnlgs
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Today was gorgeous. At least PM when it got sunny and s***.

Saturday was ok. I snapped my board though, but got a good deal from the rental shop for the rest of the day.

Sunday i got 120cm k2 slinger or winger or whatev. But that was a beast. I did 5's on flat and s***. I was rockin the park with it. Haha. After the sun came out i took my first trip to burnt ridge and it was absolutely gorgeous. Hope we still have some snow next weekend that you can still go there. Planning on going camping to the shelter there on summer! Freakin sweet.

But yeah im gonna get back to work and trying to send the snapped forum back to get a new one.

Great ridin'

Peace.

Did you do any riding or did you just hike burnt ridge? If you rode what is it like?

Harvey44
03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I can't believe nobody else was out. Come on what say you?

colonel klink
03-20-2007, 08:27 PM
i got the "goods". imove the "goods"

jimmer
03-22-2007, 04:03 PM
So who was out Sat and Sunday? What TALES and Photos do you have to share? (And can someone tell me how to download a photo?)

Saturday and Sunday were awesome. I'm honestly not sure but I THINK today was better than yesterday. We got more last night - maybe 4 inches officially - but it seemed like more than that when I had first tracks on Chatiemac this morning.

I was later than yesterday (got in line about 8:10) so I wasn't first in line in the singles line at the Gondi. I was in maybe the eighth cabin up, but for some reason, EVERYONE was going down Foxlair. I went over by the Pine Knot rope and found a spot out of the wind. The Patrol came over to the Uncas rope and dropped it. I went under the rope on Pine Knot. Pine Knot was great with 4" on top.

I hit the quad, and did Chatiemac - again first tracks. You know the feeling when you are in pow on top of a groomer. On teles it's sublime. I hit the SB Glades and they were great, better than yesterday as now the base was yesterday's dump, not some icey boilerplate. It seemed deeper in the troughs in the SB Glades. I rode SB Quad again and did another in the SB glade. Then I hit upper and Lower Steilhang. Then Open Pit and Darby Woods.

Then I bombed down Wood Out and did seven Laps on the Tahawas Glades. Best thing on the mountain today, except maybe High Pines - by luck I was nearby when they dropped the rope on that. I did two Twister Glades that I had under control...and I totally got upside down in Chatiemac Glades.

Hey Jimmer - I didn't get into the Cave today how was it?

What were you guys up to?

Harv hey harv , i havnt been to gore since last thursday, just got back from jay peak[5 days] and man that place rocks, im totally woooooped, ill be back to gore tomorrow[fri].

Harvey44
03-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Jimmer,

I thought you hucked a cliff in the Twister Glades and checked out on us. I want to hear EVERYthing about Jay. I think we can suspend the rules - and have a TR on Jay. I have always wanted to go there - my problem is with a cabin in the shadow of Gore it's hard to spend money to stay anywhere else. Was it your first time at Jay?

Harv

jimmer
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Jimmer,

I though you hucked a cliff in the Twister Glades and checked out on us. I want to hear EVERYthing about Jay. I think we can suspend the rules - and have a TR on Jay. I have always wanted to go there - my problem is with a cabin in the shadow of Gore it's hard to spend money to stay anywhere else. Was it your first time at Jay?

Harv not my first time we try, to go every year, if you like skiing trees there is no where better, its got steep real tough stuff to easy wide open shots, they had 36inches from fri to sun ,we skied mon, allthough mostly packed out we still found freshies here and there, never skied a trail, only to get to the woods.tues was good but very windy 40 to 50 mph gust, only one chair running[bonniventure chair] but still had a blast. wed bluebird, 8) no wind, warm, awesome, and again skied only trees, one run down the jet though, thur woke to freezing rain and wind so we packed up and came home. my favorite is the beaver pond glades area, :lol: its wide, not too steep or bumpy, its just right. man if youve never been been and like tree sking its well worth it, about 3 hrs 45 min from north creek. we stayed at the jay village inn, about 5 miles down the road, its got nice comfy rooms[60 to $100 a night] theres a bar and restraunt right there, with a nice little store across the st, dont know what else to tell ya, never been=go, been before= go again, jimmer