PDA

View Full Version : How's the mountian holdoing up? Is Kids Kampus done?

SKIdds
03-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Keep me in the know guys. Still planning a trip for this weekend and I'd like to know the real deal on how the mountain is holding up before we make the drive. Looks like great weather for cooking up the corn, just hope the trail count doesn't start dropping by leaps and bounds.

I noticed the lifts and trails over at Kids Kampus aren't up and running today. Anyone know if they are done for the season? We'll be bringing the kiddos and taking advantage of 50% off the snow sports school, but I'd like for there to be some terrain and facilities they can actually run the Play and Ski and Junior Adventure programs on.

Oh, and where do they have moguls set up for the Apple Butter?

TIA everybody.

SKIdds
03-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, I have part of my answer. Spoke to the Snow Sports School and the Kids Kampus lifts are done for the season. Kids will be shuttled to the main mountain for skiing, so I guess that means the Kids Kampus lodge and nursery will remain in use.

So, keep me posted on how the mountain weathers the next day or so with the showers and thunderstorms in the forecast.

highpeaksdrifter
03-26-2007, 09:54 AM

TIA everybody.

They usually hold it on the bottom of Borean right in front of the lodge. However, I was talking to one of WF's NYSEF freestyle coaches yesterday and he said they where hoping to move it to the lower half of the Wilderness course. We'll see.

SKIdds
03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I was wondering if the course on Wilderness even existed, given the slow start to the season the the World Cup event having been cancelled. So if it was to be on Wilderness they'd only use the lower half of the course? What kind of competition is that? I would have hoped for the whole thing ;).

The course on Wilderness is always nice. A professional course like that takes picking a good line out of the equation and you can really focus on technique and turns.

TakeIt2TheSlopes
03-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I think :roll: having it front of the spin deck with the spectators having a beer or bev. in hand screaming out to the so called athletes is the way to go.......

tjf67
03-26-2007, 01:58 PM

TIA everybody.

They usually hold it on the bottom of Borean right in front of the lodge. However, I was talking to one of WF's NYSEF freestyle coaches yesterday and he said they where hoping to move it to the lower half of the Wilderness course. We'll see.

That pitch you are talking about how many bumps can it actually get in there may be a line of 20?

I was hitting the bumps on the lower mac yesterday. I was thinking that you guys used the whole wilderness bump run for the comp and was a little nervous cause I can not hold a line the whole way down.

03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Decided to work from LP today. It really poured rain all morning. Lost a lot of snow and there will be warm temps all week. Sunny and 50 now. Thinking about going out for a road bike ride but now looking forward to navigating through the sand piles. Who knows might make it til Easter. There's always Tuckerman’s.

highpeaksdrifter
03-26-2007, 04:26 PM

TIA everybody.

That pitch you are talking about how many bumps can it actually get in there may be a line of 20?

I was hitting the bumps on the lower mac yesterday. I was thinking that you guys used the whole wilderness bump run for the comp and was a little nervous cause I can not hold a line the whole way down.

I think it will probably be on Lower Boreen. Either way you'll do fine cause you're an excellent skier.

Besides it's the most laid back comp. you'll ever be in. It's a day of good natured trash talk, high 5's, laughing and beers after. Each year we talk more guys into entering and the next year they always enter again because it's such a fun thing to be a part of.

highpeaksdrifter
03-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I think :roll: having it front of the spin deck with the spectators having a beer or bev. in hand screaming out to the so called athletes is the way to go.......

Good points on 3 counts:

beer
screaming
so called athletes. :lol:

AdironRider
03-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Its pouring right now in canton, Im heading there tomorrow. Ill post up what the damage is.