PDA

View Full Version : Sat. 1/14/06

highpeaksdrifter
01-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Who was there? Several people told me the skiing was good and it didn't rain much at all. I am ticked off at myself for letting the weather report scare me off from making the trip. :(

Faceplant
01-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I wimped outand then heard the same thing PLUS no crowds. I went sunday and crowds and conditions were "less than pleasant" and went home to organize my sock drawer after 3 runs.

highpeaksdrifter
01-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I wimped outand then heard the same thing PLUS no crowds. I went sunday and crowds and conditions were "less than pleasant" and went home to organize my sock drawer after 3 runs.

Yeah, I heard they had 2,500 that day and conditions where tuff. Yesterday wasn't bad except for the wind holds. No crowds meant no lines for demos. You could pretty much walk up and get what you wanted.

Skier 4 Life
01-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Who was there? Several people told me the skiing was good and it didn't rain much at all. I am ticked off at myself for letting the weather report scare me off from making the trip. :(

Saturday was a good day to ski... not a lot of people and not as wet as I thought it might be. The snow was soft all over until late in the day when it started to firm up... I was already off the hill and up in the bar for the apres-ski festivities by then. :) All in all, a pretty good day. Come to think of it, any day on snow is a good day in my book! :wink: