PDA

View Full Version : Expansion article. (Phineas)

Lbtchnlgs
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Heres an article that phineas posted on the whiteface board.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/articles.asp?articleID=6503

The last line is the story of Gore's life...

“He’s naked. He’s got $12.5 million allocated to Gore, and we’re not pursuing this as it should be pursued,” Weibrecht said.

Harvey44
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM
"We don't need no P lot expansion."

Pink Floyd

Lbtchnlgs
03-29-2007, 10:59 AM

Pink Floyd

I second that. In my opinon if you are foolish enough to show up at 11:00 on a weekend you deserve to park halfway down the access road :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
03-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Pink Floyd

I second that. In my opinon if you are foolish enough to show up at 11:00 on a weekend you deserve to park halfway down the access road :twisted:

The problem I see with this line of thinking is, if most people showed up at 7:30 am those who came at 8:00 am would park down the access road. It's a matter of space not time.

As more people want to ski Gore they have to make room for them to park.

Harvey44
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
My point is that no matter how full the lot is....and IF the mountain is 90%+ open....it's not crowded at Gore. Prez week - they turned people away and the skiing was great - not crowded.

The new development will be just like adding another big parking lot while adding minimal terrain. Not likely to improve the skiing experience. Think about the restaurants too - could use another one now, think about trying to get a burger or go to the bathroom with more parking.

On the other hand - I don't expect Gore to care about what the current regulars think. I totally expect them to try to pack the mountain with riders on every square inch. All I'm saying is - I don't like it.

Harv

highpeaksdrifter
03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't expect Gore to care about what the current regulars think. I totally expect them to try to pack the mountain with riders on every square inch. All I'm saying is - I don't like it.

I get what you're saying, but they want to be players in the destination resort market.

As a person who skis their about 7 or 8 times a season I think all the changes they have made over the past several season have been big pluses, maybe future changes will turn out better then you think.

Harvey44
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
HPD -

I agree - the mountain gets better every year. I skied 29 days this year and most of it was really excellent all things (weather) considered.

I do hope you are right. Contrary to how it sounds...I am keeping an open mind about the changes.

As a property owner in North River, I'm sure I will "benefit" from the development. It is my sincere hope that Main Street will also benefit from the development. North Creek is a great town.

Mark