PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Jack the Ripper
04-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Anyone ski today?????????

Faceplant
04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Yep. Musta been about 50 people there.

Oh, I'll bet you were looking for a report :wink: .

Variable conditions. Good stuff above mid but only Gondy and Face open so had to go thru mush to base every run. About 4" new fluff at top of Lil Whiteface down to 1" of wet at base.

jimmer
04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
went to killington to day, it was friggen awsome, i know most are killington haters, but you did ask.

Dave L
04-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Called Okemo yesterday and they got 10 inches of new snow. Was hopin to see a little more at Whiteface for our trip Sunday-Wed. But I'll take what I can get! At least it looks white up there!

Snow Whisperer
04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
In typical fashion, whiteface has screwed it up again. The gondola was down so you couldn’t enjoy the upper Mt. Chair 6 was down who knows why. They were running the groomer up the Mt and around I guess to fix the gondola and amazingly enough where they were grooming the riding was great. You think they would try to make the public happy by keeping the slopes in better condition. I guess when you don’t have to make money you can do a shit job. I’m sure the merchants in town aren’t happy. I guess people have to start writing letters and newspaper editorials like they did 2 years ago for them to get on the ball again.

SKIdds
04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Wow, those are some pretty tough words.

It seems the Gondi and Summit Quad are on hold. They usually do so with good reason. Little Whiteface Double looks like it's open, so they are still running a lift up there. Geez, there was a day we enjoyed the summit of Little Whiteface without a gondola. How easily we become spoiled.

I was there last Sat thru Tues and I have to say they did a great job keeping the slopes in wonderful spring conditions with some tough (warm, then rainy) weather conditions. They may be having a harder time this week since a hard freeze after so much spring corn is never ideal, but I don't doubt they are doing their best.

I don't think the merchants in town give a wig at this point in the season. When we were there a lot of stores in town didn't even open on Monday, and hotel occupancy is way down on the shoulder season. So I don't see the need to be up in arms about the local merchants and economy.

Me thinks you might be expecting a little too much here in the death throes of the season.

AdironRider
04-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Uhh on friday it was blowing pretty hard chief, I wouldnt be suprised if they were on wind hold.

patman
04-09-2007, 08:46 AM
I heard that on friday, the summit quad was under an inch of ice... took awhile to de-ice.

Tsavolion
04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
there was inch thick ice coating the summit chair on saturday afternoon. that might have had something to do with certain lifts being closed. you need to chill out there chief!

http://upload7.postimage.org/623358/nose.gif (http://upload7.postimage.org/623358/photo_hosting.html)