PDA

View Full Version : Rippin the sides (4/06)

Harvey44
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Skied the mountain today. Day #30 for me. I'm over at the lodge now stealin the free internet and having wings and a Smittick's. Today was pretty good. I skied alone all day, asking the lifties if they had seen big Jim. Alex at the Quad said no way jose.

The website said "10 inches at the summit." Maybe. It squalled most of the day today.

Everything that had been groomed recently, but not last night, - was killer. There wasn't much of it. I thought the best piece of onpiste skiing that hadn't been groomed was the cutacross from Hawkeye to Chatiemac, down along the left to the opening of the SB glades.

I hit Lies right as they opened it - it was death and great at the same time. You leaped of the tops of these bullet proof moguls and tried to find an unskied 10" to land in. I hit Lies again right after that and it was mostly just death. Rumor never opened.

Poached Darby Woods and SB - they were good the first time through. There really isn't enough back there to be going in. Unless your line is 100% unskied. (A couple guys sneaked in to the Dark Side from the side without duckin the rope.)

Like I said, if the groomer missed it, it was great, with some surprises... Tannery, Dell, Mica, Santanoni, Upper Steilhang ...were all great early. By the afternoon, to get the goods you had to rip tight turns within 10 feet of the edge. On teles it was exhausting. I made it from first tracks to 3:30 and I'm spent. Needles all around.

Got a tip from an old timer (even older than Jimmer). "Twister was killer." When the triple isn't running I usually avoid the bottom. The Gondola is a pain on Teles. But I went down there. The dude was right - Twister was the pick of the day - and will be great tomorrow.

Hope it snows more.

Anybody else out there today?

Harv

jimmer
04-06-2007, 07:39 PM
8)

jimmer
04-06-2007, 07:40 PM
harv, i was there allday, waiting for someone to tell me someone on teles was looking for me, but nothing.didnt ski many trails, the woods were pretty good if you could find fresh, the cave was the worst of our picks,pretty well tracked when we got there, birch bark,hot damm,mineshaft,lower newton,big nugget and adam 12 were all good till they got scraped. i know the report said 10 in it was more like 5 or 6. report says rummer groomed for tomorrow. by the way i didnt know the boys working the sb chair. harv that wasnt you that came into the warming hut at about 1:30 with k2 teles was it, if so that was me and some of the boys just hanging eating lunch. ill be there tomorrow for sure. what are you skiing on ill keep an eye out for you. :roll: 8)

Harvey44
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM
That was me in the warming hut with the K2s. I came in to call my wife and then ducked out to the porch so I wouldn't bother you guys. I asked a lot of guys if they were Jimmer. Sorry I missed you dude.

I can't decide if I'm going to ski tomorrow. Is it going to snow tonight...?

jimmer
04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
That was me in the warming hut. I came in to call my wife and then ducked out to the porch so I wouldn't bother you guys. I asked a lot of guys if they were Jimmer. Sorry I missed you dude.

I can't decide if I'm going to ski tomorrow - may just do some cross country. nice i was going to ask but you never came back in. btw they said they want to run next weekend, not to sure about during the week yet,said thell say tomorrow.

highpeaksdrifter
04-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Anybody else out there today?

Harv

I was, but only skied till about 12:30. Had stuff to do at home. WF tomorrow.