PDA

View Full Version : Summit was Closed Today

highpeaksdrifter
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I heard it was due to lack of staff available, both ski patrol and lefties. They groomed Skyward and the Follies and left U. CS alone. Parron’s is finished, a lot of exposed rock.

Skyward looked great.

I was told the summit will be open again very soon.

Little WF skied great, so all was good. I thought the best skiing on the mountain today was Mt. Run and Parkway, but there where many other good choices too.

dexter
04-09-2007, 07:41 PM
northway on skiers left deep powder this was the best on the mountain
mountain run, wilderness were good powder was a little heavy there though
but that is what i thought any other go today what was your pleasure

NPN
04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I heard it was due to lack of staff available, both ski patrol and lefties. They groomed Skyward and the Follies and left U. CS alone. Parron’s is finished, a lot of exposed rock.

Skyward looked great.

Little WF skied great, so all was good. I thought the best skiing on the mountain today was Mt. Run and Parkway, but there where many other good choices too.

I can only say, as far as Sunday is considered, you didn't miss anything by not getting to the summit.

I had the best powder day in the last five years on MR/T/DD for the first 5/6 runs of the day. Tasty light float that moved to knee/ waist deep hit in every turn on MR. It was amazing for anytime let alone April.

Unfortunately, whatever weather glitch/grooming drama caused Skyward to be an entirely different story. As soon as you kicked under the fresh ( which, again, for whatever reason, was way less than the mid mountain hit ) you ran into a mine field of death cookies ( CHATTER, SKIP, SKIP. SKIP, CHATTER ).

The best part of the run was the Niagra face, but still lame by comparison.

Anyway, as I hit the keys, the local news is calling for a BIG HIT mid week.

Lovin' it.

sleestak
04-10-2007, 11:07 AM

Skyward looked great.

parons is open today. and we are due to get more on thursday. we have had over 18 inches in the past few days.