PDA

View Full Version : 2007 - A Season To Remember

freeheelwilly
04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
The sky has opened up and it's just puking snow right now. 12"+ at the mountain, particularly on the summit, sure looks like a lock. What a strange "last weekend" this is gonna be. And to add even more weirdness to the whole thing, this storm coming in on Monday could be a complete blockbuster. We seem to be on the periphery now but if it scoots just a tad North or West (like all the systems have seem to done in the last 48 hours since the Valentines Day Storm): BOOM!!!!

The total annual snowfall at the mountain should hit 245" by tomorrow morning. Can't imagine it won't hit 250" or more by Sunday as this thing winds down and pulls away. Average is 168". Not bad for a winter that didn't even start until the middle of January. Jack the Ripper: I told you in December to keep the faith brother! :wink:

If the Mountain stays open next weekend and that storm hits on Monday 270"+ is not out of the question. They should do it just for that reason alone. That's comparable, or better, than a lot of Colorado areas.

Dave L
04-12-2007, 08:51 AM
IF they stay open past this weekend, I predict the sale of MANY $99 dollar passes ;-) nudge nudge.

We should start a "BREAK THE RECORD" thread to poll for an extended season. Let's pack the hotels and blow the short season out of the park!! :o

sleestak
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
What they could do is close for the week and then re-open next weekend. They could just have the face lift, summit and mountain run chair open too--they dont have to have the gondola running. That would save on staff. They dont even have to have the cafeteria open either, heck i'll BYOB too!

tjf67
04-12-2007, 09:10 AM
I Was thinking it would neat to have a couple of the cats running and pull people around in those. One driver. have a Ski Patrol for the guide. 100 bucks a head. I would be in. No other staff necessary.

BTW it has not stopped snowing since the sacrifice on the snow virgin.

freeheelwilly
04-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I Was thinking it would neat to have a couple of the cats running and pull people around in those. One driver. have a Ski Patrol for the guide. 100 bucks a head. I would be in. No other staff necessary.

Yes Yes! And the Cat Drivers would be scantily clad bimbos with loose morals and big........hearts. 8)

sleestak
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM

Yes Yes! And the Cat Drivers would be scantily clad bimbos with loose morals and big........hearts. 8)

now youve just gone too far. unless the bimbos are male and they have big...hearts.

http://upload7.postimage.org/671695/headbang.gif (http://upload7.postimage.org/671695/photo_hosting.html)

AdironRider
04-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Anyone have an idea on the season record?

highpeaksdrifter
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I ax a couple of full time staffers what they knew past this weekend and they said they where pretty sure Fri - Sun next week if the weather holds.