tjf67
04-14-2007, 05:18 PM
YUMMY

ajl50
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
pictures are required.

Rick Kane
04-14-2007, 10:14 PM
when did they open, i was at the mountain toaday and yesterday and didnt notice or hear about them opening

Denison
04-15-2007, 05:35 AM
pictures are required.

...pictures are coming up. i took my camera on my second Slides run

Denison
04-15-2007, 05:38 AM
when did they open, i was at the mountain toaday and yesterday and didnt notice or hear about them opening
they did not advertise the opening. you just had to be on top of Summit quad to see it. By 2pm Slide 1 was pretty scraped off, not sure if they'll open today, but I'm positive they'll open next Friday.

SKIdds
04-15-2007, 07:49 AM
What was the staus yesterday (gold, silver)? Did patrol let people go in alone, or were groups of two or more required?

Who's gonna be there Friday who wouldn't mind company, especially in the event patrol requires groups of two or more?

04-15-2007, 08:27 AM
The whole mountain was greaaaaaaaattt!!!!!!!. I skied the upper Mt. in the morning until 10:30 and really couldn't see a damn thing. The snow on U Sky was really nice. I missed the slide opening by about 1/2 hour. Went into slide 3 alone the first time and it was OK very skied off and way to many people walking and laying on the access trail out. Went into slide 4 with a guy who needed a partner and that was skied off also. This was about 2:00pm so it was 2late for good conditions. It's snowing like crazy now and they say we should get about 2 feet. The backcountry should be good again.

NPN
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
What was the staus yesterday (gold, silver)? Did patrol let people go in alone, or were groups of two or more required?

Who's gonna be there Friday who wouldn't mind company, especially in the event patrol requires groups of two or more?

They opened gold, and you couldn't go in by yourself.

snowman
04-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Slide 4 was closed today, ski patrol said Slide 3 was rough. I stayed in 1 and 2 today. It was very foggy and snowing very hard all day. Everything got better all day. There seemed to be more snow on every run. I was never alone in the slides, but went in alone 4 times today. I was a little surprised. It was obvious I was alone, and the patrol talked to me before I went in.

Saturday was my first time in the slides. What a treat!

On a selfish note, it was easier coming home tonight knowing I couldn't ski Whiteface on Monday. There will be a ton of snow there!

highpeaksdrifter
04-16-2007, 02:27 PM

I'll be there Friday. Jack the Ripper is going to try to make it too.

sleestak
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM

all you would have had to do is go up the summit chair, although i heard in the lodge while getting ready.

sleestak
04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Slide 4 was closed today, ski patrol said Slide 3 was rough. I stayed in 1 and 2 today. It was very foggy and snowing very hard all day. Everything got better all day. There seemed to be more snow on every run. I was never alone in the slides, but went in alone 4 times today. I was a little surprised. It was obvious I was alone, and the patrol talked to me before I went in.

Saturday was my first time in the slides. What a treat!

On a selfish note, it was easier coming home tonight knowing I couldn't ski Whiteface on Monday. There will be a ton of snow there!

i did slide 3 sunday and it seemed pretty scraped off--still fun though. the exit to slide out is a little rough. that last jump blew out my nasel passages.