PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday

Face4Me
04-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Made it to the mountain yesterday for what was definitely my last day of this season :(

Conditions were absolutely unbelievable ... below mid-mountain lodge was pretty well spent ... thin cover in some places and very sugary snow. From the mid-mountain lodge and above, however, was outstanding. All powder and packed powder surfaces ... my first run down skier's left on Upper Northway was a pure powder run ... there had to be at least 6" of fresh, untracked powder on top ... I couldn't believe it. Visibility on Upper Skyward was pretty poor, but there was plenty of fresh snow, particularly early before it got tracked up. Wilderness, Mountain Run and Thruway ... HERO SNOW!!! Just point 'em down the hill and turn ... truly some of the best conditions I've seen all season long! Only complaint was that they didn't get the Mountain Run chair going until about noon, so you had to ski to the bottom and take the gondola back up to get another shot. Once Mountain Run chair got going, laps were definitely in order!!!

Didn't realize they opened the slides ... oh well ... maybe next year!

As for the pond skimming ... if you've never seen it, I highly recommend it. This was the first time I've seen it and it was hysterical to watch!!! (Great job by the announcers by the way!)

For those who will be able ... enjoy next weekend ... unfortunately I won't be one of you! :cry: :cry: :cry: