PDA

View Full Version : Whiteface and Gore Extend Spring Skiing to April 20-22

Greg
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
http://news.alpinezone.com/15631/

highpeaksdrifter
04-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Whiteface and Gore Mountains have extended the 2006-07 skiing and riding season one more weekend.

I guess I'm being greedy, but why one more weekend? With all the snow we have now why not shot for the weekend after? The year we got to May 1st I don't think we had as much snow the middle of that April as we do now. Just sayin.

Whiteface will have the outdoor barbeque fired up as well.

Nice, I love it when Bill fires it up at mid and you don't have to go to the bottom.

Denison
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
i bet weekend after (27-29) will be open as well... they are just not saying it now. just like the 20-22 was not certain until last Saturday..

AdironRider
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah this is some heavy stuff, it should last a while I would believe.

sleestak
04-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Whiteface and Gore Mountains have extended the 2006-07 skiing and riding season one more weekend.

I guess I'm being greedy, but why one more weekend? With all the snow we have now why not shot for the weekend after? The year we got to May 1st I don't think we had as much snow the middle of that April as we do now. Just sayin.

Whiteface will have the outdoor barbeque fired up as well.

Nice, I love it when Bill fires it up at mid and you don't have to go to the bottom.

the reason is that nobody is skiing..only season pass holders. the mountain is spending more to stay open than it is making. this weekend was probably the best weekend of the year--sunday was unbelieveable and there was NOBODY there. if people would come, they would stay open. if you want the mountain to stay open, bring people with you who are going to spend some cash.

SKIdds
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Heck, some places out west close with the best conditions of the season come April. Everybody has moth balled the skis and dusted off the golf clubs.