PDA

View Full Version : How many days

tjf67
04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I checked my dots and I have 33 hope to end with 36.

AdironRider
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
50 even, with about 30 of those at the face. With all this snow Im thinking Ill hit 52 by hitting Tux after I graduate in May.

highpeaksdrifter
04-18-2007, 03:25 PM
54, at least 2 more Fri and Sun at WF.

freeheelwilly
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
i stopped counting at 43. i ran out of toes. 8)

jimmer
04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
50 right now , with 3 more on tap for this weekend. then who knows, looks like some good skiing comeing up, with lots of sunshine[finaly] and warm temps. be at gore all 3 days.

sleestak
04-19-2007, 08:28 AM

thats surprising TJ--i would have thought you would have more than that.

I think i had 31 or 34 a few weeks ago when they were scanning and giving numbers out, but i cant remember. I guess i should end with around 40 or so after fri, sat and sun.

the mountain is getting pounded by sun today. i almost wish is was cloudy up there today!!!!

joyparkway
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I have about 75. I use the same system to calculate my total ski days that Whiteface uses to calcuate their snow totals- multiple everything by 3.

tjf67
04-19-2007, 09:07 AM

I think i had 31 or 34 a few weeks ago when they were scanning and giving numbers out, but i cant remember. I guess i should end with around 40 or so after fri, sat and sun.

the mountain is getting pounded by sun today. i almost wish is was cloudy up there today!!!!

I think I only had like 10 at the end of January. I think some people may inflate there numbers, not on purpose. 36 days is going to be alot with a full time job.. Good thing for April or I would not have hit the 30 mark. If I missed two days on a weekend all year I think that would be a lot. Not including the travel time to BC as I made that up during the week.

Phineas
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
got to count up my holiday tickets but after this weekend I think I am somewhere in the 40-45 range.

Phineas
04-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I have about 75. I use the same system to calculate my total ski days that Whiteface uses to calcuate their snow totals- multiple everything by 3.

hahahahahah

WF under counts the snowfall if anything!! And how would U know anything about snowfall totals since U only ski when its nice out!!!!

joyparkway
04-19-2007, 09:52 AM

hahahahahah

WF under counts the snowfall if anything!! And how would U know anything about snowfall totals since U only ski when its nice out!!!!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah.

Phineas
04-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah.

now thats a Gramey Awarding winning come back there, little parkway :roll:

SKIdds
04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
What's Gramey Awarding? ;)

Phineas
04-19-2007, 10:10 AM

its them little figurine things they give out to the hollywood types once a year. my girl has a gramey party so I have to endure the torture of watching it until I fall asleep! at least there are good eats at the party :roll:

AdironRider
04-19-2007, 10:12 AM

hahahahahah

Yo, we all know you love Whiteface more than anyone, but seriously, theyve never under reported their snowfall. Theyre not as bad as say Jay Peak, but they certainly arent saints either.

highpeaksdrifter
04-19-2007, 10:21 AM

I think I only had like 10 at the end of January. I think some people may inflate there numbers, not on purpose. 36 days is going to be alot with a full time job.. Good thing for April or I would not have hit the 30 mark. If I missed two days on a weekend all year I think that would be a lot. Not including the travel time to BC as I made that up during the week.

The full time job does get in the way. The only way I get over 50 each year is skiing Tues. and Thur. nites.

AdironRider
04-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Hell I had a tough time getting 50 and Im just a student. The 3 hour round trip drive everytime got to me more than school obligations though..

SKIdds
04-19-2007, 10:53 AM

its them little figurine things they give out to the hollywood types once a year. my girl has a gramey party so I have to endure the torture of watching it until I fall asleep! at least there are good eats at the party :roll:
Oh, you mean Grammy Award winning response. Gotcha.

Sorry my sarcasm was lost with respect to your retort ;).

SKIdds
04-19-2007, 11:01 AM
.......and you probably wanted to say Oscar Award winning. :twisted: Thems the Hollywood awards that people have parties for ;).

freeheelwilly
04-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I actually have no idea how many days I skied but I disagree that 36 is about the max TJ. You only had 10 by the end of January? WTF! There were 5 weekends in December and 4 in January - that's 18 weekend days without even counting the weekend days we skied in November. There were 4 weekends in February, 5 in March and 3 in April - that's another 24 weekend ski days (again, without counting November). Throw in a few mid-week days (I think I had about 5 of those) and that's 47 days (sans November). I think we had 2 weekends in November. Boom! That's 51 days. Plus I had 4 more mid-week days in Utah but, to be fair, those just makeup for weekend days I may have missed during holiday periods back here. I think I was right around 50 this year. If it was less it wasn't by much. Might have been a few more. I'm goin' with 50.

sleestak
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I actually have no idea how many days I skied but I disagree that 36 is about the max TJ. You only had 10 by the end of January? WTF! There were 5 weekends in December and 4 in January - that's 18 weekend days without even counting the weekend days we skied in November. There were 4 weekends in February, 5 in March and 3 in April - that's another 24 weekend ski days (again, without counting November). Throw in a few mid-week days (I think I had about 5 of those) and that's 47 days (sans November). I think we had 2 weekends in November. Boom! That's 51 days. Plus I had 4 more mid-week days in Utah but, to be fair, those just makeup for weekend days I may have missed during holiday periods back here. I think I was right around 50 this year. If it was less it wasn't by much. Might have been a few more. I'm goin' with 50.

http://upload8.postimage.org/36350/beammeup.gif (http://upload8.postimage.org/36350/photo_hosting.html)

tjf67
04-19-2007, 01:31 PM

Did the mountain even open in November? I thought it opened and then it shut down for a week. Then it opened back up and we were into the holiday crap.
I dont argue with the dots. The dots tell the story. I have tried to keep track before in my head and that gets screwed up sometime in the tees. All I had to do this year was put dots on the Fridge. Then add them up and PRESTO I skied 33. DONT MESS WITH THE DOTS!!

AdironRider
04-19-2007, 02:03 PM
It was open Thanksgiving weekend, just Excelsior to Upper Valley down to mid w/ downloading on the gondi.

joyparkway
04-19-2007, 02:09 PM
We put dots on our fridge and then multiply by three.

sleestak
04-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Did the mountain even open in November? I thought it opened and then it shut down for a week. Then it opened back up and we were into the holiday crap.
I dont argue with the dots. The dots tell the story. I have tried to keep track before in my head and that gets screwed up sometime in the tees. All I had to do this year was put dots on the Fridge. Then add them up and PRESTO I skied 33. DONT MESS WITH THE DOTS!!

u can ask anyone that scans your pass to give you number of ski days.

Phineas
04-19-2007, 03:03 PM
We put dots on our fridge and then multiply by three.

what's w/ you and THREE? U got a thing for three or something??

snowman
04-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I am at 24, and pretty happy with it. I have full time job, although my boss is trying to fix that for me. I missed some weekend due to non-skiing guests. Also, I had no real skiing vacation this year. I am hoping to squeeze in some more this year - probably have to visit Kill-N-ten.
I'll try to do better next year!