PDA

View Full Version : big weekend

jackstraw
04-20-2007, 12:36 PM
how do we feel about a-rod now???

you might win one this weekend and it would be tonight if any.

wildcat is 100% open!!! you boys need to hit tucks....sooner the better!

oldskibum
04-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Whiteface say they have 66 trails open!!! That would be about 85%, not too shabby either.

sleestak
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Whiteface say they have 66 trails open!!! That would be about 85%, not too shabby either.

the only reason whiteface wasnt 100% open is that they closed kids kampus, but that was probably due to cut down on staffing for end of season, not due to snow conditions.

AdironRider
04-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Empire wasnt open either.

Skier 4 Life
04-23-2007, 12:51 PM

Actually, it was on Saturday. Ski Patrol dropped the rope by 12PM. HPD and I skied.it ~12:30P before headin' into the slides. What a day to remember! 8)

freeheelwilly
04-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Huh??? Empire was open all weekend.

highpeaksdrifter
04-23-2007, 01:03 PM

When we where waiting for the cable repair to finish so the Slides opened we went over to ski Empire and it was roped off. Like S4L said we went back later and the rope was down.

freeheelwilly
04-23-2007, 01:09 PM

When we where waiting for the cable repair to finish so the Slides opened we went over to ski Empire and it was roped off. Like S4L said we went back later and the rope was down.

Yeah I heard it was roped saturday AM. Your boy was griping about it. He was surly on saturday when the slides weren't open right away. :lol:

sleestak
04-23-2007, 01:15 PM

oh yes it was and it was the best i have ever skied it.

sleestak
04-23-2007, 01:16 PM

it was better when the rope was still up :D

SKIdds
04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
It was incredible on Friday........but by my 5th run down at about 3:00 a few rocks were starting to show as it bumped up. Still, incredible coverage for anytime in the season, much more so for late April.

Had a moment Friday afternoon. Rope up on Empire. Interesting older gentleman stopped at the top. I stopped at the top. Would one of us leave? Would either of us duck the rope? After a few minutes of silence he says "It's either gonna be hard and fast on the left, or soft and slow on the right"........to which I replied "So are you taking the left or the right?" That old guy could ski. Hope I can hit it like that when I'm pushing his age.

Phineas
04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
It was incredible on Friday........but by my 5th run down at about 3:00 a few rocks were starting to show as it bumped up. Still, incredible coverage for anytime in the season, much more so for late April.

Had a moment Friday afternoon. Rope up on Empire. Interesting older gentleman stopped at the top. I stopped at the top. Would one of us leave? Would either of us duck the rope? After a few minutes of silence he says "It's either gonna be hard and fast on the left, or soft and slow on the right"........to which I replied "So are you taking the left or the right?" That old guy could ski. Hope I can hit it like that when I'm pushing his age.

cool story - thanks for sharing! 8)

I betcha it was the grand old man of the mtn Arman! he rocks and he's in his 70s!

joyparkway
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Empire ROCKS!

SKIdds
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM

cool story - thanks for sharing! 8)

I betcha it was the grand old man of the mtn Arman! he rocks and he's in his 70s!
Yeah, I was figuring he was around 70. I'm glad he spoke up, no knowing how long we would have stood there in silence if he hadn't.

Jack the Ripper
05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
[/quote]Yeah I heard it was roped saturday AM. Your boy was griping about it. He was surly on saturday when the slides weren't open right away. :lol:[/quote]

Ranting mad I was. Empire roped, slides not open, etc., etc. but the whole day turned around and was one for the ages. I miss skiing already. :( :twisted:

AdironRider
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Cool empire was open, I was just going by the trail conditions online. I wish I coulda made it.