PDA

View Full Version : Winter 2007: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Harvey44
04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Here's the RECAP:

The GOOD :D

• 31 total days on the hill (not bad for a flatlander)
• Caught most of the big dumps.
• Hit everything "on the map" - first time on Upper Darby.
• Developed a special relationship with Mr. Steilhang
• Scored a new pair of FAT skis at the right time (Valentine's Day).
• Survived the drive up on St. Patty's
• First year in the trees - lovin Tahawas and the Cave, SB, Twister, Dark Side!
• Hucked a few boulders, some intentionally
• Learning the bumps (sorta)
• Some guy from Saratogo showed me upper Newtons, gave me a freakin heart attack
• Got the Goods in Darby Woods
• Found the Old Gondi thing myself, attended a safety meeting.
• Tele'd til I was smelly
• Mother Nature finally shut those damn western skiers up on that other forum.

The BAD :cry:

• An EXTREMELY late start
• Some BAD Holidays in the beginning
• Not much cross or backcountry skiing
• Missed Jimmer in the hut
• Didn't make it up for closing weekend

The UGLY :roll:

• I CRASHED every damn time I went into Chatiemac Glades
• Snoozin on the Triple, my pole got caught, went upside down, practically killed a snowboarder and had to ski all the way back down to the base to snag my pole that was riding on the chair by itself.

All-in-all a good year.

Anyone else got some Good, Bad and/or Ugly?

Harv

St. Jerry
04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
The good was Feb 14th onwards.

The Bad and Ugly was Christmas week. Worst skiing ever. One run and done.

dexter
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
i started thanksgiving week end the bumps on top ridge were the best to bad the body wasn't ready(at 54) a very slow start for a real ski season but come valentines day the season just kept comming (skied bump contest for first time) i got 41 day in 5 in aspen co with my son i skiied three states 7 mountains and skied the slides at whiteface for the first time sat. the day before they closed we partied at gore sunday after skiing the top in edge to edge coverage to bad people dont come skiing this time of year
i just love to ski

mattchuck2
04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
to bad people dont come skiing this time of year

Actually, that's one of the reasons I like Spring Skiing so much . .

Good - Trees . . . Every Tree Line (legal and illegal) was ripping at some point during the year
Bad - Tore my MCL in January, missed one weekend of skiing (luckily it was a weekend in January before any good snow)
Ugly - Some dude on Sunday was skiing shirtless and he had the biggest, hairiest gut I have ever seen . . . Ugh . . .

Lbtchnlgs
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
to bad people dont come skiing this time of year

Actually, that's one of the reasons I like Spring Skiing so much . .

Good - Trees . . . Every Tree Line (legal and illegal) was ripping at some point during the year
Bad - Tore my MCL in January, missed one weekend of skiing (luckily it was a weekend in January before any good snow)
Ugly - Some dude on Sunday was skiing shirtless and he had the biggest, hairiest gut I have ever seen . . . Ugh . . .

I believe that big harry gut ugh. belongs to me

mattchuck2
04-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Haha . . this guy was probably in the 250-300 pound range . . . you?

Lbtchnlgs
04-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Haha . . this guy was probably in the 250-300 pound range . . . you?

man, you are just digging your hole deeper and deeper!

Harvey44
04-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Boy this is not where I hoped this thread would go! :lol:

Lbtchnlgs
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I dont see what the big deal is, can't a guy get a tan? :roll:

St. Jerry
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Also good was checking out the Cave Glade for the first time. Walking into the cave, I was worried a bear was going to come out after me!

I used to ski that trail before it was an official trail, but never knew there was a cave there.

luv2cruz
04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
the good
late season sking it was great. skied the latest in the season ever at gore. i skied 53 days hubby skied 73 not bad for the late start.

the bad
not openning the triple[the adirondack express] during the week. not blowing snow on fairview and not opening it.

the ugly
opening rubys run the reason they never blew snow on fairview and the rason the triple was closed during the week.

think snow for next season :D

Wa
04-27-2007, 04:53 AM
The Good
I got new skis and boots before the season and they are awesome.
Had some great days this year after Feb 14th, some of the best I have seen at Gore.

The Bad
I didn't get to use my new skis and boots for a long time!
The great days didn't start until Feb 14th

The Ugly
When it finally got good and the spring, which is my favorite time to ski, came around...
I slipped a disc the first weekend in March in a sexy crash landing at the bottom of Double Barrel.
That put me out out for the season and I missed the incredible spring you guys had. I was there in spirit while reading about your adventures here on the site.

I'll be back healed up and ready to go next year!

Lbtchnlgs
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Chuck- Don't worry that wasn't me you saw out there, just busting your snowballs.

Have a good summer

mattchuck2
05-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Chuck- Don't worry that wasn't me you saw out there, just busting your snowballs.

Have a good summer

Haha . . . . Whatever . . . That guy definitely had some balls . . . I wonder if they were hairy like his back?

Harvey44
05-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Boy this is not where I hoped this thread would go! :lol:

mikebike
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
why you are wondering that is beyond the scope of what we want to know MATT :shock: