PDA

View Full Version : Slide 5

highpeaksdrifter
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I’d like to hear about it from anyone who’s skied it. Also, it looks tough to get to, is there a traverse or is it all bushwackin?

mikeharo
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
When we skied it during the Goodwill Games, we hiked up skiers right in the trees along the slide's edge. You can probably just whack across it from the resort entrance. I am sure you can get to it from the turn on memorial highway exposed to the resort side of the hill. In the slide giude, its the turn you can see with the stone guard rail. There seems to be a bald spot there that you can hike/ slide down to get into it. We just hiked it from the resort side.

I have pictures of that storm during the Goodwill Games when it was a free for all in there, I will try to upload them. From what I remember, that tight midsection wasn't as bad as it looks from the chair.

I don't post here everyday and seem to piss people off so my voice might not count though.....

Phineas
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
From the toll road it was rough getting to the slide. I was w/ two backcountry hardcores and we thrashed our way into it. Got so consumed in there we had to climb spruce trees to figure out where we were. ended up hitting that open area and coming out about 200 feet below start of slide. humped back up and it was a breakable crust kind of day. lower angle slide and w/ decent snow it would be an excellent ski.

real tough access though.. will go back again