PDA

View Full Version : NJ Meadowlands Xanadu Snowdome

Denison
05-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Heard today on the news that the construction is started. There is going to be Snowdome:

"Snow Dome: At approximately 140 feet tall and more than 250,000 square feet, this will be the first indoor snow sports facility in the U.S. The Snow Dome will offer visitors a year-round alpine experience, featuring varying slopes that will appeal to skiers of different skill levels and a separate area for snowboarding. It promises ski enthusiasts perfect ski conditions all year round, with real, high-quality snow and consistently cold temperatures."

from http://www.meadowlandsxanadu.com/static/doc_mx_partner_snowdome_detail.jsp

andyzee
07-26-2007, 06:27 AM
I live 10 minutes from the Meadowlands and don't ever plan on checking out Xandau. The only way I may check it out is for a quick laugh if I'm at the Meadolands for something else, such as checking out Cabelas, which will also open there. I find the opening of Cabelas far bigger news than Xanadu

highpeaksdrifter
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I live 10 minutes from the Meadowlands and don't ever plan on checking out Xandau. The only way I may check it out is for a quick laugh if I'm at the Meadolands for something else, such as checking out Cabelas, which will also open there. I find the opening of Cabelas far bigger news than Xanadu

Really? I think if I was 10 minutes away, and really needed a snow fix on a hot humid July day, I'd check it out.

Greg
07-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Are they gonna seed bumps? ;) I'll probably check it out at some point.