PDA

View Full Version : 80's party

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 10:17 AM
well, i'm going to an 80's party on cinco de mayo! should be a blast but we're scrambling to find clothes for the occasion. the only thing i have is my old vuarnet sunglasses. anyway, what style would you guys pick...billy idol, don johnson, headbanger...? reality at the time for me was grateful dead / bob marley so i guess i was a decade behind.

freeheelwilly
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
well, i'm going to an 80's party on cinco de mayo! should be a blast but we're scrambling to find clothes for the occasion. the only thing i have is my old vuarnet sunglasses. anyway, what style would you guys pick...billy idol, don johnson, headbanger...? reality at the time for me was grateful dead / bob marley so i guess i was a decade behind.

I see you more as a Cindy Lauper. You just want to have fun.

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
:D

the wifey is doing the maddona thing...yeah baby!!!!

tjf67
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM

From the life you currently live a dress would not be out of the ordinary, almost expected.

Phineas
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
is still 80s stylin! mayB he'd share something w/U! :oops:

DeVo! Go w/ DeVo U can just put a pot on your head! and yell "Whip it, Whip it good, all night! that B cool.

Madonna - Lucky Stars is on the radio right now - O she was total hot T in the 80s for me!

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM

From the life you currently live a dress would not be out of the ordinary, almost expected.

oh boy, coming from a flat lander who just moved to hill at the ripe age of....45? ya, that hold some weight...

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 10:35 AM

DeVo! Go w/ DeVo U can just put a pot on your head! and yell "Whip it, Whip it good, all night! that B cool.

Madonna - Lucky Stars is on the radio right now - O she was total hot T in the 80s for me!

ya, i like that...devo! those guys were goonnne!

i need to go hit the thrift shop. i could go as 'biff' (aka TJ) and sport the izod w/ the collar up. hahha

Phineas
05-03-2007, 10:39 AM
ya, that hold some weight...

what holds some weight are your new fast devloping man boobs! :D

Phineas
05-03-2007, 10:41 AM

i need to go hit the thrift shop. i could go as 'biff' (aka TJ) and sport the izod w/ the collar up. hahha

hahahahaha TJ did that in the 80s!!

tjf67
05-03-2007, 10:52 AM

It was a heck of a lot better than the granimals and jelly braclets you used to wear to the parties.

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM

hahahahaha TJ did that in the 80s!![/quote]

i knew it!!! bahahahaahhaha

joyparkway
05-03-2007, 11:13 AM
http://upload8.postimage.org/178761/506177_356x237.jpg (http://upload8.postimage.org/178761/photo_hosting.html)

Hot stuff!

sleestak
05-03-2007, 11:19 AM

heck he does that now!

sleestak
05-03-2007, 11:25 AM

the 80's were my decade. i was all about the 80's. i used a can of aqua net super hold a week. it had to be the super hold in the grey and white can or NO GOOD! i sprayed at school and then used the hand dryers to dry it in place. i wish i kept all the crazy stuff i had. pink boots with holes cut out of them...big see through plastic star earring...DAMN--i would pay good money for that stuff now!

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
http://upload8.postimage.org/178761/506177_356x237.jpg (http://upload8.postimage.org/178761/photo_hosting.html)

Hot stuff!

???

flock of seagulls?

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 11:30 AM

the 80's were my decade. i was all about the 80's. i used a can of aqua net super hold a week. it had to be the super hold in the grey and white can or NO GOOD! i sprayed at school and then used the hand dryers to dry it in place. i wish i kept all the crazy stuff i had. pink boots with holes cut out of them...big see through plastic star earring...DAMN--i would pay good money for that stuff now!

my wife has some stuff...big huge earings, jean jacket w/ pins, goofy shoes, some stocking thing that goes over the outside of the shoe like old school ski tights but the thing is on the outside not the inside. i don't remember chicks wearing those.

this party will be a trip as we're all in our mid-late 30's and early 40's.

tjf67
05-03-2007, 12:06 PM

IF only your parents nipped it in the bud then.

Phineas
05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Hot stuff!

Hey I thought U were born in like the 90s?? what do U know about the 80s U poser!

sleestak
05-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Hot stuff!

Hey I thought U were born in like the 90s?? what do U know about the 80s U poser!

is she was born in the 90's i am going to call the Lp police right now and tell them there is a brawling banker that needs a talkin to.

joyparkway
05-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Hot stuff!

Don't be so jealous of my youth you old fart.

freeheelwilly
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
some stocking thing that goes over the outside of the shoe like old school ski tights but the thing is on the outside not the inside. i don't remember chicks wearing those.

leg warmers????

http://www.onlyolivia.com/pix/80s/81_physical_98.jpg

freeheelwilly
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh wait! Much better leg warmer pic:

http://www.straight.com/files/images/FAS_Style_Bite_1897.gif

How long 'til that photo is taken down by our puritanical administrator?

Greg
05-03-2007, 02:26 PM
You just can't refrain from being an antagonizing asshole, eh, Willy....? :roll:

So, have you learned to ski bumps yet? :lol:

sleestak
05-03-2007, 02:31 PM

you know - JS - this is pretty darned funny and i think that the fact that you didnt comment means you didnt think it was funny , but rather an accurate description of your chestal area.

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 03:04 PM

you know - JS - this is pretty darned funny and i think that the fact that you didnt comment means you didnt think it was funny , but rather an accurate description of your chestal area.

well, i just re-read it and i still don't get it...or i guess it just didnt' strike me as funny. i dont have the man boob thing going on but it could be fun 'cause i luv playing w/ myself and that could be added feature. how does one acquire the man boobs?

jackstraw
05-03-2007, 03:05 PM
You just can't refrain from being an antagonizing a******, eh, Willy....? :roll:

he's just a jerk...we've learned to deal w/ him

Jack the Ripper
05-03-2007, 05:53 PM
You just can't refrain from being an antagonizing a******, eh, Willy....? :roll:

Lighten up dude. Was the fact that he refered to you as "puritanical" that caused the outburst?

I want to SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII again. :(

highpeaksdrifter
05-03-2007, 08:59 PM

Lighten up dude. Was the fact that he refered to you as "puritanical" that caused the outburst?

Ya know Jack, it probably was a little over reaction on Greg's part, but how many unprovoked shots (even if they are little shots) is a person suppose to take before he gives some back. I've seen you go off over a lot less and so have I.

tjf67
05-04-2007, 07:56 AM

Ya know Jack, it probably was a little over reaction on Greg's part, but how many unprovoked shots (even if they are little shots) is a person suppose to take before he gives some back. I've seen you go off over a lot less and so have I.

OOOHHHH Jack has a date with the wood shed this weekend. Dont make him wait either. If he has to start counting each count is one extra switch

sleestak
05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
If he has to start counting each count is one extra switch

DUH?!

tjf67
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

Phineas
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
been there 4sure! 8)

Phineas
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
[quote="freeheelwilly"]puritanical[quote]

whoa - had to look that one up ;~)

puritanical - very strict in moral or religious matters, often excessively so; rigidly austere

Willy can ski bumps. I've even seen him ski bumps in trees :shock:

freeheelwilly
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
[quote="freeheelwilly"]puritanical[quote]

whoa - had to look that one up ;~)

puritanical - very strict in moral or religious matters, often excessively so; rigidly austere

Willy can ski bumps. I've even seen him ski bumps in trees :shock:

I've certainly bumped into trees.

sleestak
05-04-2007, 10:50 AM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

i get what you are trying to say, but it takes some effort. you usually seem like you have some words missing or you use the wrong ones. if i didnt know you, i would think you were a foreign exchange student

tjf67
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

i get what you are trying to say, but it takes some effort. you usually seem like you have some words missing or you use the wrong ones. if i didnt know you, i would think you were a foreign exchange student

Sorry about the little brain issues.

jackstraw
05-04-2007, 01:18 PM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

hahaahahaha....here we go..

Hi! I'm Biff from Bulgaria!
Hi! I'm Biff from Belgium!
Hi! I'm Biff from Bhutan!

tjf67
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

Funny stuff.. It must be friday afternoon you can do better than that.

jackstraw
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
tj - im laughing w/ ya man! when i go back and read my posts i realize why i failed eng101...i leave words out all the time as well.

sleestak
05-04-2007, 01:59 PM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

bhutan - you must watch where in the world is matt lauer - you homo!

Jack the Ripper
05-05-2007, 08:04 AM
[/quote]Ya know Jack, it probably was a little over reaction on Greg's part, but how many unprovoked shots (even if they are little shots) is a person suppose to take before he gives some back. I've seen you go off over a lot less and so have I.[/quote]

That's because we're Irish. The Irish have the ability to go from happy to stark raving mad in 1.1 seconds.

You and I know Willy does it to get that reaction. Greg's just feeding into it.

Can't we all just get along?

How many more days until WF opens again?

jackstraw
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

who the f is matt lauer? did his name come up when you had to google bhutan to see if it was a country? typical clueless broad....

sleestak
05-07-2007, 10:17 AM

DUH?!

You dont get it?

who the f is matt lauer? did his name come up when you had to google bhutan to see if it was a country? typical clueless broad....

I want to see pics of you and the hot wifey at the 80's party

freeheelwilly
05-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I dunno about his wife but here's a shot of jack:

http://www.perrific.com/cds/covers/lauper.jpg

jackstraw
05-08-2007, 08:52 AM
i don't have any of me and my wife yet...

i went w/ the mega mullet, tats, ac/dc shirt, earing. rock star baby! other celebs included, billy idol, madonna (many times), robert palmer chicks from the vid, hanz, devo, prepster (too many went w/ that), don johnson, flashdance chick, and of course my favorite jose cuervo for cinco de mayo!

freeheelwilly
05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
i don't have any of me and my wife yet...

i went w/ the mega mullet, tats, ac/dc shirt, earing. rock star baby! other celebs included, billy idol, madonna (many times), robert palmer chicks from the vid, hanz, devo, prepster (too many went w/ that), don johnson, flashdance chick, and of course my favorite jose cuervo for cinco de mayo!

so you went as....yourself. very original. :roll:

jack's prom pic:

http://www.rudecactus.com/archives/mullet-thumb.jpg

jackstraw
05-08-2007, 09:55 AM
:D nice pic, that is funny!

i have to admit that i never sported the mullet, i guess i wasnt' cool enough...