PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Plan My Day

highpeaksdrifter
01-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm bringing my wife to Gore on Sunday. She is a Level 1 skier and has never been to Gore. I want here to have a great time so she'll want to ski more often. I need advice from Gore regulars from Parking Lot - Skiing - Apres. Thanks.

mattchuck2
01-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Sunday should be okay. 40% chance of snow/rain in the afternoon, so I'd suggest getting out early. I usually roll up to the parking lot around 8, so I never have a problem with parking. When I do show up later, I usually blow by the parking attendants and wedge my car in between a couple of the barriers on the right side. The whole mountain should be in good condition.

If I were you, I'd ski the hell out of the lower mountian early. Take the Triple up. I know it's cold, but I wouldn't take a level 1 skier down Foxlair if I were you. It's scary and intimidating for beginners. Ski Sunway, a nice easy trail with a decent pitch. Around 10 or 11, it'll probably get a little crowded. I'd use this time to go to the North Side and ski Tahawus and Sleeping Bear. These would be great trails for a Level 1. The lift is slow, but nobody ever rides it and it's kind of relaxing.

On a day like Sunday, where there might be some weather in the afternoon, I might be inclined to have a late lunch in the bar (the food is the same price but the atmosphere is a million times better - no bratty kids and you get a waitress to serve you). Then I'd make the decision whether or not to go back out.

After skiing, there might be a few people in the bar, but on a Sunday it usually clears out by 4:30. If you want to keep the party going, I'd suggest Casey's North. Good atmosphere and decent drink prices..

highpeaksdrifter
01-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds like good advice MC, thanks.
HPD

mattchuck2
01-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Anytime! I might be up on Sunday too . . . what uh . . . what are you wearing?

highpeaksdrifter
01-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Anytime! I might be up on Sunday too . . . what uh . . . what are you wearing?

Pretty much this, give me a shout :D

http://www.alpinezone.com/albums/Whiteface-1-7-06/DCP_1264.thumb.jpg

Skier 4 Life
01-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm bringing my wife to Gore on Sunday. She is a Level 1 skier and has never been to Gore. I want here to have a great time so she'll want to ski more often. I need advice from Gore regulars from Parking Lot - Skiing - Apres. Thanks.

Hey, HPD. How did your wife do on Sunday at Gore? You made mention of your son and his friend going with you, but not your wife. What gives? :?

highpeaksdrifter
01-30-2006, 11:24 AM

Hey, HPD. How did your wife do on Sunday at Gore? You made mention of your son and his friend going with you, but not your wife. What gives? :?

The usual, she said she didn't feel well and stayed in bed. Next time you talk to her give her a hard time about it.

Skier 4 Life
01-30-2006, 11:45 AM

The usual, she said she didn't feel well and stayed in bed. Next time you talk to her give her a hard time about it.

I will, HPD, I will. :wink: I guess I'm not surprised, but I was hoping you'd get a chance to ski with her. :( I hope she's feeling better now. :)