PDA

View Full Version : 1/25/06 Snowmaking

Son of Drifter
01-25-2006, 10:07 AM
According to the website they are blowing snow on the following

Lower Cloud :lol:
Victoria :lol: :lol: (hopefully they'll move up to Sky soon)
Excelsior (must keep the masses happy)
Essex
Lower Northway
Approach (hopefully upper Empire gets some accidental coverage out of this)

Only 53 trails open :( They had 70 open at beginning of Jan)

:twisted:

Skier 4 Life
01-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Give it time, SOD, give it time. All we really need (besides NO rain) is a good 'ol snowstorm (preferably more than 6 inches would be nice). :D Any one willing to do a snow dance? :wink:

freeheelwilly
01-25-2006, 03:50 PM
and on that note, you didn't hear it from me but there's something potentially big brewin' for Monday into Tuesday.

highpeaksdrifter
01-25-2006, 04:53 PM
and on that note, you didn't hear it from me but there's something potentially big brewin' for Monday into Tuesday.

Come on Willy, details.

freeheelwilly
01-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Details? Not much to say really. Time will tell. First saw mention of it on Burlington NWS's long range forecast on Monday. Today, even the cheesey local TV met mentioned it. Still a way's off. You know how it goes: all depends on the track. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. We're certainly due. Things are already much whiter up here than last week at this time. Weekend looks pretty good. New snow and warm enough (especially Saturday) to soften up some of that yellow boilerplate that we were skatin' around on last Sunday!

Son of Drifter
01-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Details? Not much to say really. Time will tell. First saw mention of it on Burlington NWS's long range forecast on Monday. Today, even the cheesey local TV met mentioned it. Still a way's off. You know how it goes: all depends on the track. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. We're certainly due. Things are already much whiter up here than last week at this time. Weekend looks pretty good. New snow and warm enough (especially Saturday) to soften up some of that yellow boilerplate that we were skatin' around on last Sunday!

I was very very pleased with the conditions last Sunday. Granted by 2pm it was boilerplate all over but if you followed the guns and sun (Paron's had some corn going on) it wasn't all that bad. Could be that since I didn't ski the weekend before that I would've enjoyed skiing on grass last weekend but I was surprised how decent it was dispite all the rain and warmth. :twisted: