PDA

View Full Version : New Terrain Park and Halfpipe

mattchuck2
06-11-2007, 03:39 PM
As part of the new expansion, they are adding a halfpipe and terrain park served by a new triple down at the Ski Bowl. According to the flyer that I received last week in the mail, the park and pipe will be ready for next season, and lit for night skiing/riding. However, there will be no way to get down to the ski bowl from the Gore base area, as the High Speed Quad (?) to the top of Burnt Ridge will not be open until next year (2008/2009 Season).

So, the question is, will anybody be spending any time at the Ski Bowl this year? They had a small park set up last year (open for a few nights) but I never went over and tried anything. Did anyone? How was it?

Harvey44
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
How do I get on the list for the newsletter?

mattchuck2
06-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Not sure . .

Although now that you're a passholder, I'm sure you'll start seeing more and more mail from Gore.

jimmer
06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
harv now that your a pass holder, the mt will send info by mail or by the internet, if they have your e-mail address, you can allso sign up for there snow alert, by e-mail, go to there website and just sign up. was glad to hear that you got a full season pass, that means youll be on the hill more,right. the way we figure it it cost 625.00 bucks for the first day after that you be skiing for free. btw i hope you took advantage of there friends club program, you coulda saved some $$.

b 8) jimmer

colonel klink
06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
As part of the new expansion, they are adding a halfpipe and terrain park served by a new triple down at the Ski Bowl. According to the flyer that I received last week in the mail, the park and pipe will be ready for next season, and lit for night skiing/riding. However, there will be no way to get down to the ski bowl from the Gore base area, as the High Speed Quad (?) to the top of Burnt Ridge will not be open until next year (2008/2009 Season).

So, the question is, will anybody be spending any time at the Ski Bowl this year? They had a small park set up last year (open for a few nights) but I never went over and tried anything. Did anyone? How was it?

ski bowl last year sucked. i went once or twice when there was nothing better to do. the way the area is layed out just isnt good. too steep then too flat

gore will never have a good park becasue management doesnt want one and cares too much a bout the dam kids klub and racing

Lbtchnlgs
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM

ski bowl last year sucked. i went once or twice when there was nothing better to do. the way the area is layed out just isnt good. too steep then too flat

gore will never have a good park becasue management doesnt want one and cares too much a bout the dam kids klub and racing

I think that this was the case for in the past. Now that they have this money and are actually putting in a real pipe things will change. With an expansion such as this I don't see why they wouldn't bring a real park manager in, or at least bring a few whiteface guys down. As far as the steep/flat of the ski bowl, that can be changed easily with a few dozers. think positive

it's gonna be 94 today... stay cool

fujative.
07-17-2007, 11:27 PM

I think that this was the case for in the past. Now that they have this money and are actually putting in a real pipe things will change. With an expansion such as this I don't see why they wouldn't bring a real park manager in, or at least bring a few whiteface guys down. As far as the steep/flat of the ski bowl, that can be changed easily with a few dozers. think positive

it's gonna be 94 today... stay cool

kinda hard to think positive when they've been saying this for years now. last year we were supposed to get 6 new rails/box's and a lighted half pipe. all we got was the go a-head to use 2 gondola corrals as a rail which fell down 2 weeks later. i know last summer they spent like $10,000 on all new heads for the pipe cutter which looks promising, but who knows whats really going to happen. but if their not gunna let the park manager make jumps any bigger than 25 feet, im going to have to start finding rides to whiteface. last january we helped jason and jon set up lower sleighride anf for the first jump, we spent about 2 hours shaping the kicker, and we measured it out to 40 feet. we told all our friends, got them all excited for saturday and we get there and its seriously half the size.

and about the ski bowl park last year, it basically sucked. really hard tranny (really steep to really flat like dane said), not enough speed to hit the flat box and the battleship rail was just set up awkward. they took it down becasue not 1 single person payed for a lift ticket for it

Lbtchnlgs
07-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah I can understand where you are coming from. I'm not really defending the mountain, because they are getting under my own skin with the whole terrain park subject but... I also never took into consideration that we had NO natural help until valentines day last year. Setting up a decent park needs tons of snow, with the lack of snowmaking capacity (in my opinion) probably put a damper on things as well.

colonel klink
07-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Its just that theres always an excuse for why some thing can't be done and a bunch of hype built up about it and then a huge let down. they just dont realize that there is a huge market for park related riding a by building good park word of mouth would bring in a ton more people. look at WV valley for example