PDA

View Full Version : Trey Anastasio finds inspiration at Gore . . .

mattchuck2
07-26-2007, 04:18 PM
From http://www.jambands.com/Features/content_2007_07_24.08.phtml

RR: You sent Trey “Skip the Goodbyes,” because you wanted him to hear it and he ended up playing on it. Did this experience serve to initiate his desire to get back to songwriting with you, early in 2006?

TM: This may have broken the ice, you’re right—the Cook Cabin Sessions. We went up to Gore Mountain—a fantastic getaway, we’ll go back, for sure—and wrote some great songs. I hope I’m not saying too much by saying Cook Cabin in Gore Mountain. I don’t think it will matter. The funny thing is that when we went last time, Trey instantly blew our cover. We went to the most country bar when we first arrived. We were meeting some friends and right away, he walked in and he was mobbed—BOOM. I kind of bodyguarded a little bit. We made a corner where they had to go through me to get to him. Everyone was very nice; there was no real reason to do that. There was a mob at first but then, everyone calmed down—Wookish, not really college types but more like Gore Mountain locals and very nice people. The bartender rang the bell, turned off the music and made a big toast—this was during the 2006 Winter Olympics—and he made a
speech. He said, “To American athletes and to…American Ingenuity and to…American—” and I said, “IDOL!” Everyone cracked up in the middle of this guy’s wonderful toast. He angrily finished, “and to American musicians,” because of Trey. He toasted but I was happy to get in “Idol” because Trey and I had both been watching it.

Dude has to stay within 50 miles of Whitehall because of a drinking and driving incident . . . maybe he'll be in the area again . . .

Harvey44
07-26-2007, 07:35 PM
I didn't realize Trey was free.

NPN
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I guess I dropped the ball on watching page six of the Post as well. What was the final "legal" outcome of deciding to bring three quarters of your local CVS pharmacy section to Burlytown via Fort Ann?

mattchuck2
07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
From what I hear he plead guilty to avoid having to go to jail or rehab . . . But I think he has to hang out in the general area so that he can be subjected to random drug tests, etc . . . He's had to cancel appearances in the Western US.

NPN
07-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Damn, can you imagine if we could go all Joe Bruno on his sentence, and get him to replace the John Denver wannabee in the lounge for the season?

Lbtchnlgs
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I've heard that he is residing in Saratoga for the time being. A girl i work with got her hair cut next to him 2 days ago while in saratoga. She didn't know who he was until he left and everyone started talking about him. Wouldn't mind bumping into him. He cannot leave New York state.

He should deff get together with Dave Matthews for the spac show

Lbtchnlgs
07-27-2007, 01:48 PM
ps- anyone going to the vibes?

know of any other festivals coming up?

*eqx fest should be pretty cool