PDA

View Full Version : Ski Equity

Harvey44
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm really cheap. Except when it comes to skiing. Then I'm only pretty cheap.

My wife can tell ya. I never spend SAVINGS on anything that doesn't retain or grow in value - stuff you can touch like tools, home improvement or real estate. I never spend savings on dinner out, clothes, etc. I use EARNINGS for that stuff but not savings. Maybe that's a guy thing. I want to use my savings for things that will have value for my whole lifetime or longer.

The one exception is skiing. And actually I think there is equity in skiing. REALLY, at the end of your life...when your about to go to the great mogul field in the sky...all that really is going to matter is...how much did I ski? I'm investing in those memories.

That's my two cents for a skanky August day.

And yes I admit it - I'm Jonesin' bigtime.

Harv

St. Jerry
08-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Funny, I'm the exact same way. I try to avoid making purchases on anything that rapidly depreciates (much to the distaste of my wife.) and am pretty much a cheap SOB on most things.

However, I am a hippocrit when it comes to skiing. It's my one vice. I'm embarrased to say how much I spent per day on snow-cat skiing in Canada last year. My wife still dosen't know how much it really cost. Didn't lie to her, just didn't offer the information.