PDA

View Full Version : Glades

highpeaksdrifter
12-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Has anyone skied any glades at Gore this season?

mattchuck2
12-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I jumped in for a little bit last weekend. Sank right down to bare rock . .. . good thing I was wearing the Rock Skis. According to the Website, Straightbrook Glades are open for business.

Lbtchnlgs
04-05-2009, 12:31 AM
This doesn't look like the first thread of the whole website. Could it be?

If it's not what is the age limit of a thread? This is the song that never ends

mattchuck2
04-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah, For about a week, it was basically me, HPD and St. Jerry on the site.

But really, this thread is kind of representative of the whole site. Information needed, information given, end of thread.

The only really long threads are the result of controversies or flames (who would be responsible for that? ;-))

Powderqueen
04-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Is that a facetious question?

I skied all the glades this season, including the ones not on the map. Last week all glades on upper mtn area skied quite well.

Wondering if there's anything left.

fujative.
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM

I skied all the glades this season, including the ones not on the map. Last week all glades on upper mtn area skied quite well.

haha PQ check the date..
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:12 pm

Powderqueen
04-07-2009, 06:22 AM

haha PQ check the date..
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:12 pm

Weird....how did that get to be bumped up to the top?

I'm still wondering what will be left this weekend. Now I"m wondering if there could be some new natural snow.

Harvey44
04-07-2009, 07:17 AM
The only really long threads are the result of controversies or flames ..

Or the rantings of some weather obsessed nut case.

Lbtchnlgs
04-07-2009, 10:44 AM
The only really long threads are the result of controversies or flames ..

Or the rantings of some weather obsessed nut case.

So why not elaborate on PQ's mention of natural snow? I was watching the weather channel and they said the adks got like 6-9 inches recently.

Snowballs
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
6-9 inches recently? they lied.

twinplanx
04-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Maybe TWC thinks the Tug Hill Plateau is in the 'dacks

Denison
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I skied glades once: that was High Country glades at WF and it was not a pretty sight. What would be easiest glade runs to try at Gore?

Snowballs
01-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I skied glades once: that was High Country glades at WF and it was not a pretty sight. What would be easiest glade runs to try at Gore?

You sound like myself. I believe the answer to your question would be Otter Slide & Tahawus Glades.

HudsonHiker
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm not much of a tree skier anymore myself but I liked and could handle Tahawaus, Otter Slide and Darby Woods just fine. I was skiing in the Tahawaus glade one day multiple times to try to learn alittle. There was a little girl of about 7 maybe 8 in there with her Dad. She was going around the trees over the bumps thru the powder piles and having a great time. It was fun to watch the enthusiasm and energy she had. Her Dad was real proud of her too. You just have to go on a nice day with good coverage and take your time and try it, you’ll like it.

TomCat
01-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Otter slide is quite a bit shorter and is probably the best choice for a first try. As a novice in the trees, I like to wait until the snow is packed down a bit. It makes getting around easier, at least for me.

tom

jimmer
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
there all packed out pretty good good rite now,spent the last two days in nothing but the trees,need more snow,but not too bad rite now.looks like sum snow is on the way
the tahaws and twister glades i think r the best,too learn and improve,in the trees.get in there and give em a try

SnowSnake
01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Jimmer, glad to hear the glades are holding up. Hopefully we get some snow and the weekend skiing will be decent. If it snows, are you going to make a weekend appearance??

Jeff
01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the update Jimmer, hope to be in the trees this weekend.
FWIW I think the Twister Glades are very user-friendly for a beginning woods skier.