View Full Version : Jay Peak

Harvey44
08-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Anyone following this? Opinions?

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/legacy/slideshows/081007jay/index.html

Harv

NPN
08-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Yep, and I think you've got to be a complete, and absolute idiot to pull a stunt like that.

Let's say you forget the total disregard for the law, or obvious lack of respect for the natural environment, how would you like it if somebody came onto your land, without permission, and started chopping down trees to better the view from their property?

Maybe personal violation could put this act into perspective for those who feel somehow accepting of a couple of yahoos raping the back country for a little short sighted, selfish pleasure.

Lbtchnlgs
08-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree it was a pretty stupid stunt.

Good intentions.. sorta.

jimmer
08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
kinda on the fence with this one, i like skiing bootleg trails, even wacked a few of my own[ not saying wher or when]. there method leaves alot to be desired, you dont clear cut, and you must leave a canopy, i think if they did this like that there might not be so much stink. after all how do you think glades get to be glades, some trees just gotta go. and thats all i have to say about that. :twisted:

NPN
08-17-2007, 09:07 PM
kinda on the fence with this one, i like skiing bootleg trails, even wacked a few of my own[ not saying wher or when]. there method leaves alot to be desired, you dont clear cut, and you must leave a canopy, i think if they did this like that there might not be so much stink. after all how do you think glades get to be glades, some trees just gotta go. and thats all i have to say about that. :twisted:

Completely agree with everything you said here ( except the fence ), and wish those two chowderheads had the good sense to talk with you before making this very poor decision.

09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Stupid. You cannot touch state owned land. You're shooting yourself in the foot. Enjoy the fucking open boundaries your mountain has and sack the fuck up and ski it.

The idea was good, but they're stupid to do it in the manner they did.

dexter
09-06-2007, 04:08 PM
you need the trees if your going to ski the trees maybe they should just stay out of them if they can't ski
i can see picking up or moveing some limbs that might
catch a ski

jimmer
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
i read on another site that there was a meeting in vt to discuss bc skiing skiing on big jay,and there will no longer be any at all,heard there were people at the access over to big jay turning people away,and no skining in from the road,sounds like its toataly illegal to even be over there, and you could be arrested.

Harvey44
12-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I think the skinning from the road is still legit. That will cut down on use bigtime, and the freshies will really last.

MidnightCarving
12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
i agree, the best glades i've ever skied still left the big trees, clearing a backcountry trail means clearing out the little saplings that give you a bad whip when you shoot by them, not cutting down all the trees....

and skinning from the road should definitely still be allowed...

i guess im just annoyed that two idiots had to ruin it for the rest of us, the few times i've been to jay i really enjoyed it.

jimmer
12-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I think the skinning from the road is still legit. That will cut down on use bigtime, and the freshies will really last.
harv i just went back and re read the log and your right,looks like you can still hike in from the road,just cant access from the ski area.and just discoverd the first track site thanks.