PDA

View Full Version : getting ready ?

jimmer
08-25-2007, 11:06 AM
.whats every one doing to get ready for the season ?. i just ordered a bunch of stuff from race werks, pretty good site ,with alot of stuff on sale, check it out at race-werks. com. it sure was nice to feel those fall like temps last week,they say N.H even had some snow. allthough its all most friggen 90 right now. it wont be long till the leaves change and cooler air starts to take over, and then we can all start to get excited for whats to come, hopefully a awesome season with plenty of snow, no injuries,plenty of days out and seeing every one once again.

jimmer

Harvey44
08-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Jimmer,

Today is the last day above 90, north of Saratoga - I swear.

Did you buy like a skin tight suit?

We are doing some mouseproofing on our camp (mice are insane this year) and upgrading our hot water heater. Wood is in...just some nice fall hiking and then time to do some skiing.

One thing I learned last season - no whining until the SEASON is OVER! It was one of the great season's with basically nothing before Valentine's Day.

Keep the stoke.

What say the rest of you?

Harv

NPN
08-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Harv

I say, I'M MELTING DOWN HERE!!! Enough of this crap already, give me some Winter!

And I say, Jimmer, what are you doing sending your business over to RW when you've got Reliable Racing/Inside Edge right up the street? Think Global, act Local!

Lbtchnlgs
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
can't you just taste the winter air knocking at our door? :roll:

Harvey44
08-25-2007, 06:09 PM
NPN - where is down here?

You'll taste the winter Weds and Thurs night.

NPN
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
NPN - where is down here?

You'll taste the winter Weds and Thurs night.

Northeast of Albany, and it can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Storms still haven't fired-up here, and the heat index is 108 at 7:43 pm.

jimmer
08-25-2007, 08:21 PM

Harv

I say, I'M MELTING DOWN HERE!!! Enough of this crap already, give me some Winter!

And I say, Jimmer, what are you doing sending your business over to RW when you've got Reliable Racing/Inside Edge right up the street? Think Global, act Local! rw has a real good sale going on right now , dont go to reliable that much, get most of my gear at sportspage or online ,allways looking for the best deals.

NPN
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM

Harv

And I say, Jimmer, what are you doing sending your business over to RW when you've got Reliable Racing/Inside Edge right up the street? Think Global, act Local! rw has a real good sale going on right now , dont go to reliable that much, get most of my gear at sportspage or online ,allways looking for the best deals.

Gotta respect that answer, but don't forget Johnny's big sale is only a week away. Should be worth a look!

09-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Buy a bunch of stuff. Talk a bunch of shit online.

09-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh GOD! I forgot you guys hate when I swear...so much to the point you turned on the Censorship Option.

:lol: :lol:

Lbtchnlgs
09-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I've got my shopping cart full on the-house.com, just gotta make sure my check wont bounce

mikebike
09-16-2007, 08:51 PM
well... I recently completed a 3,791 mile bike ride --- a bit of cross training

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/tourdemiller

NPN
09-16-2007, 09:46 PM
[quote="mikebike"]well... I recently completed a 3,791 mile bike ride --- a bit of cross training
/quote]

I'm not sure if that's going to cut it. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad for a start, but could I suggest a little time on the stairmaster just in case? I'd hate to see you cramping up, and all, after that opening day abuse!

mikebike
09-17-2007, 05:45 AM
the cycling seems to work fine.... probably because before I head north to ski I switch over to the mountain bike for a couple of months and that is kind of similar to the StairMaster on the technical trails anyway.

being from FL I only get to ski about 15 days a year ..... two 3 day stints at GORE and total of 9 skiing days out west ......therefore the days skiing are FULL days

For example at gore I am usually on one of the first Gondolas up and then ski till near 4 with only about 20-25 minutes off for lunch---- when I am out west it is not uncommon to log 30,000 + feet of vert in a day.

and other than a but of an achy arch for about 2 runs in the AM .....no aches or pains ... and I am 49 (at least for another couple weeks :shock:

NPN
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
the cycling seems to work fine.... probably because before I head north to ski I switch over to the mountain bike for a couple of months and that is kind of similar to the StairMaster on the technical trails anyway.

being from FL I only get to ski about 15 days a year ..... two 3 day stints at GORE and total of 9 skiing days out west ......therefore the days skiing are FULL days

For example at gore I am usually on one of the first Gondolas up and then ski till near 4 with only about 20-25 minutes off for lunch---- when I am out west it is not uncommon to log 30,000 + feet of vert in a day.

and other than a but of an achy arch for about 2 runs in the AM .....no aches or pains ... and I am 49 (at least for another couple weeks :shock:

MB, I'm sorry that you missed it, but, just so we're straight, my previous post was a bit of sarcastic humor.

mikebike
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
no worries... hard to pick up sarcasim here.... but after rereading .... I get it...

still at almost 50 years old ....I have found the secret to ejoying catching some air (on the mt bike or skis) and to ski all day multiple days in a row) without stiffness is staying active..... for me about 6 days a week.

09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Talk more shit online.

Buy more stuff.

Go biking because it was almost 90 yesterday.

Lbtchnlgs
09-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Just purchased some ride spi bindings today.

I got them off ebay- my first ebay purchase. I do not think that ebay is that great of a deal. The shipping costs are horrible, plus it hate not knowing a real price.

http://upload3.postimage.org/355532/3427063300715_2.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/355532/photo_hosting.html)

NPN
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Just purchased some ride spi bindings today.

I got them off ebay- my first ebay purchase. I do not think that ebay is that great of a deal. The shipping costs are horrible, plus it hate not knowing a real price.

http://upload3.postimage.org/355532/3427063300715_2.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/355532/photo_hosting.html)

L-btch, I don't know how long you've been at the Ebay game, but I have had nothing but crazy positive experiences.

Maybe that's just my quality Ebay karma, but, for instance, my beloved Lange World Cup 130s ( MRSP $850 ) I snagged for $150 NIB. That's just one of forty plus great purchases so far.

Clearly, you shop elsewhere, and then go to Ebay to wait for a deal to show up. If you don't find what you want be patient, and a deal will develope sooner, or later.

There's always some schmukkkk of a seller who will try to butt you on the backside with inflated shipping, so you chuckle, and move on unless the deal is so hot that the high shipping is justified.

Have faith 'cause Ebay can really offer you some big benefits as long as you understand how things work over there.

Lbtchnlgs
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
NPn- thanks for the thought. I'll stick with it, send some good ebay vibes my way 8)

jimmer
10-22-2007, 07:37 PM
got myself some new boots yesterday, went with the solomen impact 10, im am soo ready for the season to start, gore is trying for the day after thanksgiving, whiteface thanksgiving day, man thats not to far off, now all its gotta do is get COLD ,friggen 75 today, suppose to be in the 50s. its allmost time.

Lbtchnlgs
10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I know its a stretch forcast, and its weather.com but, the 10 day shows some freezing nighttime temps and 40s low 50's during the days early next week. Just keep on keepin on