PDA

View Full Version : M&B?

NPN
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey, I just heard through the proverbial grapevine that the Mountain and Boardertown shops are closing down. Anyone got confirmation on this one?

oldskibum
09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I was looking through some real estate sites a month or so ago, and saw that property in L. Placid was for sale, but had no idea that they were closing. Too bad, wonder what brought it about.

NPN
09-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I was looking through some real estate sites a month or so ago, and saw that property in L. Placid was for sale, but had no idea that they were closing. Too bad, wonder what brought it about.

As I said over on the Gore side of the forum, I recall reading a story years ago about the backer being a Long Island real estate developer. Clearly, we've all heard about the fallout in that arena. Did one effect the other, you've got me, but I'd love to hear whatever anybody knows.

Never was a big fan of the North Creek store, but definitely enjoyed dropping into the Placid shop. Also wouldn't mind seeing Dana come back from the Aloha state to recreate Mountain Run, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Denison
09-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Never was a big fan of the North Creek store, but definitely enjoyed dropping into the Placid shop...

Lake Placid shop has much better service. No worm feelings for North Creek store here..

asland
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
they are closing but not in a hurry. They seemed to be getting some new things in. At the end of august they had 50% off most bike stuff and 40% off snow stuff. They were will to negotiate on some things.

asland