PDA

View Full Version : Good News!!!

mattchuck2
01-27-2006, 02:20 PM
The report from the mountain says that it is in Great Shape!!!!!!!!

Rumor is open from the top, and is covered in man made fluff. Temps started to warm, so they had to shut the guns off, but it should be in great condition for tomorrow. Lies and Hawkeye were also in great shape. I didn't ask about Chatiemac.

Apparantly there were lots of people who took advantage of the Sports Page Demo Day.

My girlfriend had to leave early because she got clocked by an out of control snowboarder, but she said it's going to be fantastic tomorrow, so she's not going to miss it.

mattchuck2
01-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh . . . The good news was that the mountain is in good shape . . . not that my girlfriend was clocked by a snowboarder.

takeahike46er
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Lol!

I'm kind of torn whether I'm going to check out Gore or WF tomorrow. WF has gotten some decent accumulation this week; however, I love the Straightbrook steeps. (You would NEVER be able to figure that out. Avatar.)

Either way conditions should be nice.

Son of Drifter
01-27-2006, 02:56 PM
My girlfriend had to leave early because she got clocked by an out of control snowboarder, but she said it's going to be fantastic tomorrow, so she's not going to miss it.

Unfortunately you hear to many stories about this kind of behavior. It gives the truly good snowboards (i.e. the one who can CARVE a turn) a bad name. I hope she's ok. :twisted:

P.S. I always sign off with the :twisted: emoticon so don't think I'm being funny up above. :twisted:

Hugh
01-28-2006, 11:51 AM
boy I should have gone to the hill this morning I guess. Just got back from a week in Co though and the house is a total mess so I had a clening morning. How was it?

I will be here through Wednesday I think. Anyone up for Monday or tuesday?

highpeaksdrifter
01-30-2006, 07:59 AM
boy I should have gone to the hill this morning I guess. Just got back from a week in Co though and the house is a total mess so I had a clening morning. How was it?

I will be here through Wednesday I think. Anyone up for Monday or tuesday?

Where did you ski in Colorado Hugh?

mattchuck2
01-30-2006, 08:25 AM
The weekend was great!

Sun and warmth on Saturday, Rumor was awesome.

When I left yesterday (around 5) it had already snowed about 2 inches and it was still coming down in big fat flakes. Today would probably be sweet. Unfortunately I have to work . . . I'll post a full TR later in the TR section.