PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 5 ready for December '08?

takeahike46er
09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
From a recent ORDA press release:

...Lookout Mountain will open in December 2008 with a 1,600 vertical foot expert run, a 2,200 vertical foot intermediate trail, a new triple chair starting just below the first pitch on Easy Street, snowmaking and another 55 acres of glades. This will increase the skiable terrain from 18 miles to 21.7 miles. The state-mandated ceiling at Whiteface is 25 miles.

Looks like only 3 out of the 5 proposed runs will be ready for next year (there's two more expert runs). I'm glad that the glades are enough of a priority for them to debut with the opening of the pod. I thought they would have been the last addition.

highpeaksdrifter
09-27-2007, 08:04 AM
From a recent ORDA press release:

...Lookout Mountain will open in December 2008 with a 1,600 vertical foot expert run, a 2,200 vertical foot intermediate trail, a new triple chair starting just below the first pitch on Easy Street, snowmaking and another 55 acres of glades. This will increase the skiable terrain from 18 miles to 21.7 miles. The state-mandated ceiling at Whiteface is 25 miles.

Looks like only 3 out of the 5 proposed runs will be ready for next year (there's two more expert runs). I'm glad that the glades are enough of a priority for them to debut with the opening of the pod. I thought they would have been the last addition.

Hmmm.... I wonder if they decided to hold the other 3.3 miles in reserve? It is alot o work for an expansion that size, maybe it will take 3 years to get the whole pod done.

Either way it's exciting that this expansion is happening. I'm jazzed about the 55 acres of glades too.

kerovick
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I think they came back later and corrected the acreage, Lookout mtn brings it up to like 24.5 acres. I'll look for the link.