PDA

View Full Version : Casey's Beer Festival this weekend?

Danzilla
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know if it is still on for this Saturday from 12-6?

Saw it advertised online a few months ago, but their website seems to be MIA. I know someone said the place might have sold earlier in the year. I am really looking forward to some cold beer this weekend - I hope it is still a go.

St. Jerry
10-02-2007, 07:56 AM
that would be fun if it's still a-go.

This site says it is: http://visitadirondacks.com/events/events2.cfm

But, Casey's website is out of order and their phone line no longer works. That's not a good sign.

Maybe we'll just to have our own brew-fest.!

adksara
10-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Last few weeks that I've paid attention as I drove though Casey's has had a full CLOSED sign on and no cars visible... and I'm talking weeks... don't know - I'll check with my in-laws up there and friends.

It looks like you might have to host your own brew-fest!!!

Keep the cheer - I'll check and post back.
AdkSara

adksara
10-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Just heard back... Casey's is indeed closed and no plans to reopen or such until a buyer is found to either take over the whole deal or run and operate the restaurant.

Sorry for the bad news :( ... hope you can find some brews this weekend.

Keep the cheer,
ADKSara

Danzilla
10-03-2007, 10:12 AM
We haven't been up since mid August and I think they were still open then. I haven't been in there in a while, but always looked forward to the brewfest. The jalepeno burger was good too.

Any idea why they closed? I know it was on the market for a while. I hope someone buys it and does it right - that place has a ton of potential. I wonder if black mountain was the nail in the coffin for them. I know they alienated a lot of the locals.

I guess we'll have a few beers at the mountain on Saturday take it from there.

Harvey44
10-04-2007, 07:51 AM
I've got a theory why they closed. Any who spent time around N Creek may know what I mean.

Danzilla
10-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah I have my theories too. I haven't met or spoken to anyone from NC that has been there in 3 or 4 years (except maybe for the brewfest). If you don't have the locals on board it is tough to stay in business. I've talked to a couple people who felt the same way about M&B town. They tried to get them to carry some work clothes - carharts, redwings, etc. and they wouldn't do it for some reason.

adksara
10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Yup... your theories probably have merit. Like you said - life is hard for a business if you don't as best you can by those who could support you year round. Especially somewhere as small and knit as NC.

We'll see what happens... there was an article about it in our local Chronicle in Glens Falls - not that it said much other than it's closed - the price is down and they're still paying on the business loan they were given. Maybe someone with new ideas and such could come in - probably not in time for the fest though...

Hope you find some brews and relax this weekend.
Keep the cheer,
ADKSara

jimmer
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
ya know if it was anybody else id kinda fell sorry for them ,but the owner was such a dick, im glad to see him go. went by there today the place had a big ole FOR SALE sing up, with a price of $799.000, thats alot less than the price of 1.3 mil. he was aking for in the spring. i hope someone steps up and opens it back up ,it really is a nice place, i used to go there all the time, but havnt stepped foot in the place for the last 3 years. oh well time will tell.

by the way there were alot of people up to hill today, saw alot of old friends, had lunch at the copperfield, erine williams was playing at the mt.it was a good day evan though it was fricken 80 out. :wink:

Lbtchnlgs
10-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Jimmer, you make any new purchases?

St. Jerry
10-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Was going to buy a bunch of gear but after waiting in that line for 30 mins, and actually moved backwards during that time, I bailed on the purchases. Their loss if they can't get their act together to run the operation.

I heard people waited nearly 2 hours.

jimmer
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Jimmer, you make any new purchases?

only lunch. too many people, witch made for mighty long lines, didnt see much i liked that i coudnt get somewhere else for a better price.