PDA

View Full Version : Belleayre

NPN
10-26-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.belleayre.com/

I was just reading through a thread on AZ discussing opening day at Belleayre. I've never been, but know, while not run by ORDA, they're still a state run area. My question, for any of you who know Belleayre, is why the state would get them up, and running a week, or two ahead of Whiteface, and Gore?

10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
1st off the bell sucks. It's not worth the drive. I'm sure that is weather dependent and they have a fraction of the area to cover. See you Thanksgiving. Are you getting a pair of Hellcats?

NPN
10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
1st off the bell sucks. It's not worth the drive. I'm sure that is weather dependent and they have a fraction of the area to cover. See you Thanksgiving. Are you getting a pair of Hellcats?

I hear ya', but don't you agree that it doesn't make sense? Looking at the geography alone makes you scratch your head.

Thanksgiving for sure. I'd love to see it happen sooner.

Hellcats look good on paper, but I haven't bought a pair of skies in five years that I didn't demo first ( and I'm still not sure if I like what I got then, regardless of the smokin' hot deal I got on 'em ).

oldskibum
10-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I understand that we are having a demo day this year!! Finally! I think its on Dec. 8 & 9. That would be good, only after the fact that I ordered new AC30's on pro night! Can't wait to get 'em sliding!

NPN
10-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I understand that we are having a demo day this year!! Finally! I think its on Dec. 8 & 9. That would be good, only after the fact that I ordered new AC30's on pro night! Can't wait to get 'em sliding!

Very nice!

I hope the first of many.

Who says bitching, and whining get you no where?

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/articles/challenge/2007/response.htm?resort=whiteface

Denison
10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I understand that we are having a demo day this year!! Finally! I think its on Dec. 8 & 9.

I could not find any reference to Demo on ORDA or Whiteface websites, are you sure?

oldskibum
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
I understand that we are having a demo day this year!! Finally! I think its on Dec. 8 & 9.

I could not find any reference to Demo on ORDA or Whiteface websites, are you sure?No I am not positive, but I did read it somewhere, and things have a way of changing from day to day upthere, but I believe it was in some brochure that Bridget had out during our training day.