PDA

View Full Version : Belleayre

NPN
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.belleayre.com/

I was just reading through a thread on AZ discussing opening day at Belleayre. I've never been, but know, while not run by ORDA, they're still a state run area. My question, for any of you who know Belleayre, is why the state would get them up, and running a week, or two ahead of Whiteface, and Gore?

Lbtchnlgs
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Thats a good question. Isn't it out west ?

If it is out west, there are not many hills to ski, so they get more business by being the earliest place open. Out in our area they have to compete with Killington ect.. for early season business. Also if it's out west there is far less vert to cover.

This is all assuming the location, I'm too lazy to go to their website right now.. sad.

NPN
10-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Thats a good question. Isn't it out west ?

If it is out west, there are not many hills to ski, so they get more business by being the earliest place open. Out in our area they have to compete with Killington ect.. for early season business. Also if it's out west there is far less vert to cover.

This is all assuming the location, I'm too lazy to go to their website right now.. sad.

Sorry, I should've included the link to begin with. Better late than never.

BigAirJay
10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
They are in the Catskills, but I have never been there. My buddy's dad works there, so I'll ask him and see if he knows anything about that.

Danzilla
10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Be nice if you could ski there with a season pass from gore. It would make sense since they are also owned by the state.

I've never been there. I've been to Hunter a couple times and it was better than I expected it to be.

Lbtchnlgs
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Danzilla- You might want to call and ask, I knew Greek Peak offers a discount to Gore/Whiteface passholders, because that too, is state owned