PDA

View Full Version : Old Photo

highpeaksdrifter
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
The old Cloudsplitter trail from Lookout is well defined in this pic. No Parron's or Follies. look how narrow Skyward and Cloudspin where.

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/album12/wf1111.jpg

NPN
10-27-2007, 07:34 PM
That's an amazing shot. Do you have any idea of when it was taken?

highpeaksdrifter
10-27-2007, 07:53 PM
That's an amazing shot. Do you have any idea of when it was taken?

I don't. It is in the SKIADK gallery. I don't know who posted it.

NPN
10-27-2007, 07:59 PM
A copy of it was hanging in the VIP room last season, but when I went in there during evac training weekend all of those old pics of Whiteface were gone.

oldskibum
10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
That's an amazing shot. Do you have any idea of when it was taken?I remember when parons was cut, but can't recall the date. I would guess 13 - 15 yrs. ago, then follies after that, maybe 12 yrs. ago. Just my guess, time flies when you're having fun!

NPN
10-27-2007, 10:59 PM
That's an amazing shot. Do you have any idea of when it was taken?I remember when parons was cut, but can't recall the date. I would guess 13 - 15 yrs. ago, then follies after that, maybe 12 yrs. ago. Just my guess, time flies when you're having fun!

Wow, I only re-discovered Whiteface in the time frame you're discussing. They certainly were there then, and nobody was acting like it was a recent developement.

oldskibum
10-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Wow, I only re-discovered Whiteface in the time frame you're discussing. They certainly were there then, and nobody was acting like it was a recent developement.Well, like I said, I was guessing. Maybe it was closer to 20 yrs., but boys, I can't believe time flew that fast!! The only photo that I have is a large poster from '79, and it looks like this photo, but I didn't start skiing WF until about '85, and it was well after that when the trails were cut. Maybe between '88 and '90?

oldskibum
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM

Wow, I only re-discovered Whiteface in the time frame you're discussing. They certainly were there then, and nobody was acting like it was a recent developement.Well, like I said, I was guessing. Maybe it was closer to 20 yrs., but boys, I can't believe time flew that fast!! The only photo that I have is a large poster from '79, and it looks like this photo, but I didn't start skiing WF until about '85, and it was well after that when the trails were cut. Maybe between '88 and '90?Hey!!! I just found a great revelation!! In my poster, the parkway lift (I) was in place, naturally, as '80 was the Olympics, and in this photo it is not in place, hence, it must be pre '79!

NPN
10-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Wow, I only re-discovered Whiteface in the time frame you're discussing. They certainly were there then, and nobody was acting like it was a recent developement.Well, like I said, I was guessing. Maybe it was closer to 20 yrs., but boys, I can't believe time flew that fast!! The only photo that I have is a large poster from '79, and it looks like this photo, but I didn't start skiing WF until about '85, and it was well after that when the trails were cut. Maybe between '88 and '90?Hey!!! I just found a great revelation!! In my poster, the parkway lift (I) was in place, naturally, as '80 was the Olympics, and in this photo it is not in place, hence, it must be pre '79!

Thanks for thinking so hard about this one. I keep waiting for someone to put out a book on the history of Whiteface. In this age of internet publishing how much could it cost?

11-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Great shot. 8)