PDA

View Full Version : The Best Way Down

Harvey44
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Ok...in a effort to take our minds off of snowmaking, lack of snowmaking, warm temps, temperature inversions and all the other early season bitterness...here's a question for the regulars or anyone....

It's 3:00 pm and you just caught the Straightbrook Chair. You're at the summit. Conditions are GREAT on the whole mountain top to bottom. This is going to be your last run of the day, the season or even your life. You've got ONE RUN LEFT. You can take any way down. You can take any combination of chair lifts, but you can't take the same lift twice.

Your final resting place, where you kick off your bindings, could be the base lodge or anywhere else.

How would you descend?

What say you, you Gods of Gore?

(Edited to remove shenanigan factor.)

11-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I just deleted my entire run realizing how good it is and how often I do it and want to keep it all mine.

So, Cloud > Lower Cloud > Sunway > Lower Sunway.

HudsonHiker
11-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Cloud to Open Pit across to top of Darby down the edge of Cloud to Santanoi to the Summit chair. Off the Summit chair to Cloud again and Open Pit all the way down to Headwaters across under Straightbrook to Tannery do a la te da down Tannery cause its late and I'm kinda tired. Up Topridge in the late afternoon sun cause it's out of the wind and a slow rest chair. Across and down Rubey and around and down Pete Gay cause it's nice in the late sun too, at least the top part. Up the North chair hopefully sun in my face still cause it feels good this time of afternoon. I know all these chairs are closing as I ski but this is dreaming right? Quiet run down Twister hopefully the racing zoomers are finished for the day. Decide on the lower part of Twister if I have the energy for another Triple trip and a big turn last run on Sunway. You asked and that's the best I can think of from this far from the mountian and snow. Actually that's been done more than once. Thinking and dreaming of snow.

NPN
11-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Helicopter picks me up, drops me off at the top of Slide One, to L. Sky, to Easy Street, to Boreen, to skis in the rack, to pint of Frostbite in C. Lounge.

I know you said I couldn't take the same lift twice, but I could really use the copter, at this point, to get back, after the pint, or two, to Gore's parking lot. Can I get a pass here?

mikebike
11-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Hawkeye to tannery..... topridge triple..... then foxlair to Sunway to Quicksilver

I love ending the day with a relaxing run on sunway but then hanging the left and a few more turns to the lodge....

mattchuck2
11-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I call shenanigans on the question.

If it's 3:45, they aren't going to let you ski down Hawkeye, Chatiemac, Rumor or Lies (or headwaters, or anything that goes back down to Straightbrook or Topridge). The High peaks chair and North Chair would also be roped off. So you'd be forced to go down some variation of Cloud.

I guess in that case I'd go Upper Newton's to Cloud to Twister Glades to bar.

But this year I'll probably change that to Upper Newton's to Cloud to Burnt Ridge hike to newly cut trail to Gore E Gully Traverse to bar.

11-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Upper Newton :?:

mikebike
11-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Upper Newton :?:

that is what I was thinkin :?: :roll:

Harvey44
11-04-2007, 08:57 AM
I just deleted my entire run realizing how good it is and how often I do it and want to keep it all mine.

Not sure why TM expects to get scoop when he is so closely guarding his "secrets" whatever they may be. The original idea of the post was not to divulge stashes...as evidenced by his later post...Matt knows that naming upper newtons doesn't give it away.

Even I know UN and I know basically bupkis about Gore's secrets.

Harv

jimmer
11-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Not sure why TM expects to get scoop when he is so closely guarding his "secrets" whatever they may be. The original idea of the post was not to divulge stashes...as evidenced by his later post...Matt knows that naming upper newtons doesn't give it away.

Even I know UN and I know basically bupkis about Gore's secre

Harv

yea but did you know there is a middle and lower newtons also ?

11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
You realize, due to the fact I posted in this thread, and followed the perceived guidelines, my "original" run would have only contained actual trails on the trail map, not some other random secret pockets we all have.

...that is if, my original run was actually posted. Nobody picked up the inherent sarcasm.

For clairty, and repetition...Upper Newton :?:

mattchuck2
11-05-2007, 05:02 PM
yea but did you know there is a middle and lower newtons also ?

Mmmm . . . Indeed . . . But you wouldn't get back to the base if you took Middle to Lower Newton's @ 3:45.

But perhaps I've said too much.