PDA

View Full Version : Copperfield Closed

adkskier
11-04-2007, 06:35 PM
In case anyone hasn't been watching closely, The Copperfield is now close with signs in the door indicating "out of business" and no indication of a new owner on the near horizon. North Creek is now down 2 bars; Trappers and Casey's. Even if someone bought either place, they would probably not be able to get a liquor license before the end of the year. So...it's likely that both places will remain dark for the ski season.
Does this mean that the bar at Gore will now raise their beer prices even further?

NPN
11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
You know, I have heard so many different stories/rumors about this guy. From he just got sick of being in the ski shop game to he's running from the mob. Regardless, it's too bad whatever the reason, but I don't think with all the expanding that's going on in that community that it'll be too long before a number of new businesses show up to fill the gap.

As for the beer prices, just bring your own, I always do.

jimmer
11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
no i didnt know that, i will miss the place.

Adk Keith
11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Rumor has it there are a couple of successful local businessmen that are ready or have bought it.

There's still the Inn on Gore and Black Mt. for local bars. Plus, this is always a favorite time for the local places to close and get fixed up before winter so it's not much different than usual yet.

St. Jerry
11-05-2007, 10:03 AM
There's a new bar in town. Can't remember the name, but it's across from the Copperfield. Seems like a good place for a casual beer. It's the same owners as the River Tavern (Riverwalk?) that closed.

Harvey44
11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Riverwood. (?) ...was up towards North River. Was also called Rebecca's.

Lbtchnlgs
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Is there a bar scene at all in North Creek? I would assume it's more tavern-like. I always meant to have a couple but by the end of the day im ready for my couch

Danzilla
11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
I think the new place is named Laura's. It is in the same building as the organic foods place that went out of business.

It's a cool little bar. No tables (other than the pool table). Golden Tee. Good drink prices and a handful of beers on tap. Couple of new flat screen tvs. No food.

We stumbled over there a few times this summer after the music stopped at Trappers.

mattchuck2
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
There's still the Inn on Gore and Black Mt. for local bars.

Yep

Denison
08-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Anyone has update on Copperfield Inn? Is it sold? going to be open for business? We stayed there once and loved it...

megatron
08-12-2008, 10:11 AM
North Creek Real Estate Update;

The Copperfield is still on the market, but there has been some marked increase in interest for it.

Casey's has been purchased by the owner of TC Murphy Lumber, and is being leased to the owners of The Black Mountain.

The Alpine Lodge has been completely renovated and expanded in Adirondack decor, and is owned and operated by the former owners of The Friends Lake Inn.

Bar Vino, which is located in the old IGA building on Main St., is set to open sometime around Labor Day. They will be offering many different wines available by the glass, as well as by the bottle, and serving what they are calling a small plate menu.

The Ski Bowl Cafe, located at the intersection of Rts 28, and 28N, has just opened, and they offer breakfast and lunch.

So at the very least, there are many more choices for places to go this year :D

C

http://www.postimage.org/aV23JgK0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV23JgK0)

Buella79
08-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Go got 'em cork!..that a way to get the job dun! Gettin' ski fever!!! :D

Harvey44
08-17-2008, 06:54 AM
How's the Ski Bowl doing? Can't wait to see it.

adkskier
09-07-2008, 11:56 AM
And...Laura's (located on Main St. opposite the Grand Union plaza) is building a dining room and larger kitchen to offer sit down dining and an expanded menu.