PDA

View Full Version : what i saw today

jimmer
11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
was at the hill today expecting to see a full on assult, what i saw was anything but,there were NO guns going on the east side except 1 fan gun at the bottom by the gondi, no guns on wild air at all, allthough it looked like there may have been maybe two going prior to today, not much snow there, drove out to rt 8 to check on top ridge, and that did look pretty covered, and they were still on at 1:00 this afternoon. it wouldnt bother me as much, but for what they try to tell you, all about there new snowmaking abilitys,i think they gotta get rid of there one trail at a time BS and blast the heck out of the place, crap man even bellair mt opened this weekend, along with quit a few other mts.there new lodge[ witch as i could see was a long way from being done]does look nice though, theres crap all over the parkinglot. so it looks like just one trail for this weekend,if there open at all.

its probably way to early to get all excited like this, but damm man i wanna ski without driving 2 hrs to vt, and have to pay. btw the top of the hill was covered with snow while the bottom was bare, so who ever had the inverson crap was full of it.

still hopping to get out this weekend but as much as i hate to say it ,it might be at WF, not that theres any thing wrong with that.

:shock:

Lbtchnlgs
11-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the update Jimmer, what more could you expect from Gore. I agree-I love riding there, but the let downs are endless. My plan is to go to WF on friday if Gore is just going to have topridge, which looks like the case is going to be.

You've been slow posting lately, things going alright or what?? Did you go to VT to ski this year?

jimmer
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the update Jimmer, what more could you expect from Gore. I agree-I love riding there, but the let downs are endless. My plan is to go to WF on friday if Gore is just going to have topridge, which looks like the case is going to be.

You've been slow posting lately, things going alright or what?? Did you go to VT to ski this year?

things are all good here, other than the fact that ill be working for at least another month[outside] im usualy looking forward to gettin laid off around now,but not for awhile,that and working 6 days a week, kinda makes me a little pissy. but all will be well- soon enough.

nope not been anywhere yet, but some of the boys have been going to mt snow,and say its been pretty good.

Lbtchnlgs
11-19-2007, 07:51 AM
What kind of work are you in?

I went to mt snow for opening day, it was great and i've heard good things about it from folks the past couple days.

Brother went to Killington on sat, said it was the worst 60 bucks he's spent in a long time

Adk Keith
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
I was up there yesterday too. Then we took a ride over to Bakers Mills to viewTopridge. I was impressed with that. It looked to me like it was full of burried whales, top to bottom.

luv2cruz
11-20-2007, 07:03 AM
Was up at placid and saranac for business on sunday they had 2-3" on the ground. WF looked pretty white things look great up there. Not surprised that not much was happening at gore, all the guns are on rubies what a waste of good snow. It is snowing and sleeting here now hope it stays that way it'll help our cause. Hope to see you all on friday put those positive waves out there. luvs2cruz's hubby

Harvey44
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Mountain is hinting that Sat will be the opening.

What's Happening: Round-the-clock snowmaking in progress- we will be opening this weekend! Snowmakers have been on Topridge, Ruby Run, Sunway and Quicksilver- check back for more details about Opening Day terrain.